We have launched a new website and applicants will need to reset their password before accessing their account. Reset your password

Skip to content

Construction and Building Services Apprenticeships at Gloucestershire College

Recruiting now for September 2024 starts

Looking to recruit a construction or trade apprentice for your business? Tap into upcoming young talent looking for careers in construction.

Our apprenticeship class lists are open for September enrolments, and we invite local employers to offer apprenticeship opportunities in their fields, with full recruitment and admin support from our dedicated team.

With increased capacity thanks to our brand new Sustainable Construction Centre in Cheltenham, our apprenticeships range from carpentry, electrical, property maintenance and groundworks to bricklaying and plumbing & heating apprenticeships.

There are apprenticeship funding opportunities available for businesses of all sizes. 

Contact our team today for a no-obligation consultation. 

Get in Touch
Construction and Building Services Apprenticeships at Gloucestershire College

Open to both new and current staff

If you are looking to recruit an apprentice, we can help you with recruitment and Digital Apprenticeship Service account admin. Already have an apprentice in mind? We can get them signed up.

Apprenticeships present employers with cost-effective solution to upskill their new and existing workforce, inject a fresh flow of ideas and the latest industry skills and aid with succession planning. 

Training delivery for our construction and trade apprenticeships

With our broad portfolio of specialist construction apprenticeships and trade apprenticeships, we can provide the right talent and training for your business. Explore our construction and trade apprenticeship programme fact sheets to learn more or if you are not sure which is right for you, simply get in touch with our Employer Training & Apprenticeships team to discuss your options.

Get in touch about construction and building services apprenticeships

Our expert apprenticeship team can offer a no obligation consultation and advice for your business. Get in touch by filling in the form below or emailing employer.training@gloscol.ac.uk

All your data is handled in strict compliance with EU data protection laws. For additional information on how we handled your data, please refer to our Privacy Policy.

Building the future with apprenticeships

Hear from our employer partner Barnwood Limited about the benefits of working with apprentices. 

Brand-New Construction Centre

Opening September 2024, the centre will be Cheltenham’s thriving training hub for construction and trade courses. It will feature 10 plumbing bays, 12 electrical bays, and 20 bays for carpentry, as well as bespoke classrooms. 

Both full-time courses and apprenticeships will be taught at the centre, giving students the chance to get hands-on with industry standard equipment. From September 2024, Cheltenham Campus will offer training in electrical installation, carpentry and property maintenance.

Brand-New Construction Centre

Costs and funding to recruit a construction or building services apprentice

Using the Apprentice Levy and government funding

If your company has less than 50 employees and you take on a 16-18-year-old, you are entitled to receive the apprenticeship training completely free of charge.

If you are not a levy payer (your wage bill is less than £3 million), you will contribute just 5% of the total cost of your trade or construction apprenticeship training, the government will pay the remaining 95%. 

If you pay the apprenticeship levy, as well as receiving the incentive payments from the government, we can support you to maximise your levy strategy and make the most of funding on offer. You can use your levy funds to bring in new talent to the business, or upskill employees through apprenticeships and help reduce skills gaps.   

Costs and funding to recruit a construction or building services apprentice

Fully funded apprenticeships for SMEs

To make apprenticeships more accessible to SMEs, the government announced that it will fully fund apprenticeships in small businesses from 1 April by paying the full cost of training for anyone up to the age of 21 – reducing costs and burdens for businesses and delivering more opportunities for young people to kick start their careers. 

Apprenticeship levy transfer increase

Under the new measures, levy paying employers will be able to transfer up to 50% of their funds to support other businesses, including smaller firms, to take on apprentices. This will help SMEs hire more apprentices by reducing costs and enabling more employers to get the skilled workers they need while unlocking more opportunities for young people in a huge range of sectors and professions. The transfer increase is expected to come into effect from April 6.

Fully funded apprenticeships for SMEs

You might also be interested in...