About Gloucestershire College
Gloucestershire College is an education provider with campuses in Cheltenham, the Forest of Dean and Gloucester.
We deliver a range of professional and technical training, including T Levels and full-time courses for school leavers, apprenticeships, university-level courses, and courses for adults including online, short and part-time courses, just for fun courses and JobSmart programmes for pre-employment.
All of our learners benefit from tailored support and development throughout journey to higher education or employment.
Welcome to Learning That Works.
Learning That Works
Discover Learning That Works through practical courses that teach skills businesses really need, meaningful work placements and unrivalled employer connections with over 1,300 local businesses.
From computing and construction, to business, sport and health and social care, explore courses across 17 subject areas taught in industry-standard facilities by passionate, subject specialists.
We're proud to have been rated "Good" in our latest Ofsted inspection.
Highlights from the 2022 report feature:
- Learners' positive attitudes
- Support for learners and apprentices
- Lecturers' strong subject specialist knowledge
- Response to local skills needs in cyber, construction and engineering
Compare School Performance Service
See how Gloucestershire College compares nationally using the Compare School Performance Service.
The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) is responsible for safeguarding standards and improving the quality of higher education.
In August 2013 QAA conducted a review of Gloucestershire College’s Higher Education offer
The core aim of this review is to examine whether institutions offering higher education provide higher education qualifications of an appropriate academic standard and a student experience of acceptable quality.
The review established that Gloucestershire College met UK standards:
- The academic standards of the awards the College offers on behalf of its awarding bodies meet UK expectations for threshold standards.
- The quality of student learning opportunities at the College meets UK expectations.
- The quality of information produced for students and applicants meets UK expectations.
- The enhancement of student learning opportunities at the College meets UK expectations.
In Good Company
We work with over 1,300 of Gloucestershire’s best businesses to deliver apprenticeships across the county and provide our students with work placement opportunities.