Becoming an apprentice is a step towards a real career path. Apprenticeships offer paid work experience and the chance to study and gain a formal qualification at the same time. GC has lots of apprenticeships in a range of business sectors, from IT, construction and engineering, to hairdressing, care and hospitality.
Not sure if it’s right for you?
Here's what the national apprenticeship statistics have to say.
- 83% of apprentices say their career prospects had improved
- Employers say that qualified apprentices are 15% more employable than those with other qualifications
- A quarter of apprentices are promoted within 12 months of finishing their apprenticeship.
- 7 in 10 apprentices stay with the same employer
- Higher apprentices can see increased earnings of around £150,000 over their lifetime.
At GC, 9 out of 10 apprentices stay with the same employer and nearly all* apprentices were rewarded with pay rises, promotions or other employee benefits.