Becoming an apprentice is a step towards a real career path. Apprenticeships offer the chance to get paid whilst studying to gain a formal qualification plus valuable work experience at the same time. GC has lots of apprenticeships in a range of business sectors from IT, construction and engineering, to hairdressing, care and hospitality.
Why an apprenticeship might be the right career path for you
Here's what the national apprenticeship statistics have to say.
- 83% of apprentices say their career prospects had improved
- Employers say that qualified apprentices are 15% more employable than those with other qualifications
- A quarter of apprentices are promoted within 12 months of finishing their apprenticeship.
- 7 in 10 apprentices stay with the same employer
- Higher apprentices can see increased earnings of around £150,000 over their lifetime.
At GC, 9 out of 10 apprentices stay with the same employer and nearly all apprentices were rewarded with pay rises, promotions or other employee benefits.