At Gloucestershire College we offer an ambitious programme of careers education that supports all students to develop the skills, behaviours and attitudes that enable them to make informed choices about their futures through:
- Delivering an ambitious programme of study that puts careers education at the heart of everything we do.
- Provide students with experiences and opportunities to develop employability skills and become effective employees and citizens of the future.
- Offer opportunities for Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) to unlock potential and improve outcomes for all students.
Our career programme is based on the following career frameworks:
How parents can help
- Give support with the research process and understand personal priorities.
- Encourage students to attend open days and go with them if you can.
- Help to make realistic applications by knowing predicted grades.
- In preparation for writing a personal statement, encourage students to become involved in a wide range of activities and experiences to support their applications.
- Make sure you know about the application process and when the deadlines are.