Hair Professional Apprenticeship Standard
Aimed for a salon junior role, this Level 2 apprenticeship standard covers a wide range of hairdressing techniques to assist a senior member of staff while training as a junior stylist. The 24 month programme is delivered through blended on-the-job training with one day week in College. Compulsory units include:
- Consultation Skills
- Shampoo, condition and treatment for hair and scalp
- Cutting for fashion and classical techniques
- Colour and lightening
- Styling and finishing
Advanced and Creative Hair Professional Apprenticeship
Ideal for Creative Hair Stylists and Advanced Senior Hair Professionals, this apprenticeship is designed for businesses of all sizes to provide the highest standards and quality skills for your business. This 15 month apprenticeship is delivered once a month in College including monthly workplace assessments.
Advanced and Creative Hair Professionals are creative, passionate, and driven professionals who work without supervision, managing themselves and others when required. They provide a quality service, whilst working to the highest standards and continuously developing their personal and professional skills.
What are the benefits of apprenticeships?
- Suitable for new and existing staff: Apprenticeships are open to anyone from 16+ and there is no upper age limit to become an apprentice.
- Cost effective: Apprenticeships are a low-cost way to bring new talent into your organisation – recruitment is free and the training is funded either by your levy, or you pay just 5% of the bill (the government funds the rest)
- Get the right set of skills for your company: What apprentices learn will be tailored to your business – the systems you use and the challenges you face
In addition, apprenticeships are a great way to create diverse and progressive workplace and improve productivity and staff motivation.