Skip to content


Cyber Security Degree Apprenticeship

Working in IT or Cyber and looking to take your career to the next level? Secure your career in tech with a Cyber Security Degree Apprenticeship at Gloucestershire College. 

Earn a full BSC (Hons) degree debt-free from UWE Bristol while working locally, and learn in new world-class facilities located in the heart of Cheltenham.

Gloucestershire College is the leading provider of apprenticeships in the county; working with over 1,000 of Gloucestershire’s best businesses to produce award-winning apprenticeships.

About the Cyber Security Degree Apprenticeship

Taught by Gloucestershire College's cyber experts and UWE Bristol lecturers, our Cyber Security Degree Apprenticeship programme allows IT and cyber security professionals to achieve a UWE Bristol Degree right here in Gloucestershire.

It offers an excellent training route for IT professionals already working in IT to gain cutting edge knowledge, experience and qualifications to advance in their job role and bring critical new skills to businesses. 

The future is cyber. And you can be part of it. Get the best training with our Tech Industry Gold accredited degree programme and learn with a cohort of like-minded cyber professionals.


For more information contact the GC Employer Training & Apprenticeships team on 01452 5630400 or email

What Does the Degree Apprenticeship Involve?

As a cyber degree apprentice, you will be learn to design, develop, justify, manage and operate secure solutions for businesses to ensure their protection from the growing risk of cyber attacks. You will learn to detect and respond to high level incidents, working in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, standards and ethics.

Following completion of the three and half year programme, you will achieve an Honours Degree from UWE Bristol and will be able to progress on to their Master's programme if desired.  

The apprenticeship includes the following core areas:

  • Foundations of cyber security
  • Network foundations
  • Information management
  • Computer architecture
  • Operating system principles
  • Legal, regulatory, compliance and standards
  • Algorithm and program design
  • Malware, threats and defensive programming

Download our fact sheet for more information

How is the training delivered?

Our IT and Cyber apprentices are grouped in exclusive cohorts with fellow apprentices from other like-minded businesses. The theory of our IT & Cyber programmes is delivered in block release on campus, supported by our team of expert assessors and trainers who visit apprentices in their place of work to help them put the theory into practice.


What will it cost?

  • If the company you work for does not apprenticeship levy payer, (their wage bill is less than £3 million) they will contribute just 5% of the total cost of your apprenticeship training, the Government will pay the remaining 95%. 
  • If the company you work for does pay the apprenticeship levy, they can use their levy funds to pay for your training. 

Our experts in our Employer Training & Apprenticeships team are here to support your business and offer guidance about how they can maximise funding for apprenticeships. Get in touch to arrange a free consultation with one of the Employer Training & Apprenticeships team today.


Arrange your free consultation to find out more

Fill out your details below to arrange a call back from one of our Business Consultants, or contact the GC Employer Training & Apprenticeships directly on 01452 563400 or


Why Gloucestershire College?

We guide any ambitious and motivated person on their journey through education and their career, by providing the right environment that encourages and nurtures individual talents.

Our industry-standard facilities and experienced teaching team provide our students with the skills businesses truly need.

We are here to help

0345 155 2020

90% of students would recommend GC and 95% said that the teaching on their course was good.

Ofsted has rated us good.

  • We offer industry relevant facilities
  • Our lecturers are passionate subject specialists
  • Employers value our students' skills

We'll look after you. We have dedicated teams to help you and a great Learning Mentor scheme.