About the Cyber Security Degree Apprenticeship
Taught by Gloucestershire College's cyber experts and UWE Bristol lecturers, our Cyber Security Degree Apprenticeship programme allows IT and cyber security professionals to achieve a UWE Bristol Degree right here in Gloucestershire.
It offers an excellent training route for IT professionals already working in IT to gain cutting edge knowledge, experience and qualifications to advance in their job role and bring critical new skills to businesses.
The future is cyber. And you can be part of it. Get the best training with our Tech Industry Gold accredited degree programme and learn with a cohort of like-minded cyber professionals.
What Does the Degree Apprenticeship Involve?
As a cyber degree apprentice, you will be learn to design, develop, justify, manage and operate secure solutions for businesses to ensure their protection from the growing risk of cyber attacks. You will learn to detect and respond to high level incidents, working in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, standards and ethics.
Following completion of the three and half year programme, you will achieve an Honours Degree from UWE Bristol and will be able to progress on to their Master's programme if desired.
The apprenticeship includes the following core areas:
- Foundations of cyber security
- Network foundations
- Information management
- Computer architecture
- Operating system principles
- Legal, regulatory, compliance and standards
- Algorithm and program design
- Malware, threats and defensive programming
What will it cost?
- If the company you work for does not apprenticeship levy payer, (their wage bill is less than £3 million) they will contribute just 5% of the total cost of your apprenticeship training, the Government will pay the remaining 95%.
- If the company you work for does pay the apprenticeship levy, they can use their levy funds to pay for your training.
Our experts in our Employer Training & Apprenticeships team are here to support your business and offer guidance about how they can maximise funding for apprenticeships. Get in touch to arrange a free consultation with one of the Employer Training & Apprenticeships team today.