Over-whelmed by all the possibilities? Don’t know what to do or which ideas suit you best? Know what you want to do, but don’t know how to get there? Feeling uncertain about all the possibilities is natural.
Here are some top tips to help you make a choice that is right for you, even if you are confident and ready to make an application it’s always best to reflect on your choice before you send us your final applications.
When thinking about what subject you want to apply for:
- Consider your hobbies and favourite subjects at school - Is there anything that you know you like/dislike?
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses – what are you good at? Are there any subjects you are doing well in at school?
- Think about what skills you like using the most or any skills you wish you had?
- Make a list of pros and cons for each course to help make your choice.
- What are your future plans – do you want to study at university or go into a career straight after?
- If you’re still not sure it’s a good idea to pick something that really interests you and that keeps your options open.
Some of our top tips to finding your way through education to employment from our prospectus.
A useful leaflet to download for general careers advice and guidance for prospective and current GC students.
A collection of resources containing useful information about what your options are for the future.
When thinking about what course level you want to apply for:
- Use your predicted grades and mock exam results as a guide.
- Check the minimum entry requirements for the course you want to apply for.
- What level of education are you studying at or have completed?
More information about levels from our prospectus.
A comparison chart to show how different qualification types match up.
When thinking about the course location you want to apply for:
- Is your choice only offered at a specific campus?
- Are you able to travel to and from the campus easily - do you need financial support to get to and from College?
- Do you know what facilities are available at each campus?
- Check out public transport websites to plan your journey to and from College.
A section of our website dedicated to each campus including virtual tours, videos, address and parking details.
A few pages from our prospectus that tell you about the facilities available at each campus.
Talk it out
Remember, it’s a really good idea to talk to the people who know you best such as your parents/guardians, family and friends. They may be able to give you some advice and direction about your future options.
If you're still at school/college your teachers, tutors and careers advisers can also provide excellent support with your future decision.
Here for you
No question is too big or too small when it comes to your future - we are here to help you access the information and support you need to make the next positive step forwards in your life.