Introducing Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Integrated Degree Apprenticeship
As Cheltenham is positioned to become the UK's cyber capital, marked by substantial investments in the development of Cyber Central UK alongside GCHQ, our new Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Integrated Degree (DATS PID) apprenticeship, offers a prime opportunity to receive training in a field experiencing rapid growth, equipping learners with much needed digital and technical skills as identified by Gloucestershire's Local Skills Improvement Plan.
What is a Digital and Technology Solutions Professional?
A Digital & Technology Solutions Professional provides technology enabled solutions to internal and/or external customers, in a range of areas including software, business and systems analysis, cyber security, data analysis and network infrastructure. They implement technology solutions that enable businesses to develop new products and services and to increase an organisations productivity using digital technologies. They are confident, competent and capable independent Technology Solutions Professionals able to operate in a range of related roles.
By combining academic studies with practical training, the DATS PID apprenticeship prepares learners to excel in the fast-paced digital sector, benefiting a diverse range of individuals and groups.
Who can benefit from this programme?
- Employers and organisations across a wide range of industries, who are increasingly relying on technology for operations, data analysis, security, and digital solutions to remain competitive in the digital age. Employers can hire apprentices or upskill their existing employees, providing on-the-job training, and moulding them according to their specific needs and industry requirements. Professionals skilled in digital and technology solutions play a vital role in developing and maintaining organisation’s systems, leading to higher productivity, innovation, and business growth.
- Students who are interested in pursuing a career in a specific field can benefit from the DATS PID apprenticeship. It provides them with an opportunity to gain practical experience, industry knowledge, and a recognised degree simultaneously.
- Working professionals in software development, who want to enhance their skills, advance their careers, or transition to a new field.
How is the course structured?
The programme consists of core and specialism modules.
Core Modules – which are taken by apprentices on all routes and include:
- Information Systems
- Systems Development
- Data Management
- Business Organisation
- IT Project Management
- Computer and Network Infrastructure
Route Modules start in the second year of study and must be taken by apprentices on a particular specialism route. Gloucestershire College offers Software Engineer and Network Engineer specialism pathways.
How is the course delivered?
DATS PID apprentices will spend most of their time in the workplace, but will be required to attend the College for a block delivery of the curriculum. Apprentices will be training at our state-of-the-art Advanced Digital Academy (ADA) under the guidance of highly-experienced lectures.
How are apprentices assessed?
The final assessments consist of a project and presentation – both elements will be assessed in partnership with employer.
- The work based project takes place near the end of the apprenticeship. It is a substantial piece of work typically lasting 6 months and covers the skills, knowledge and behaviours defined in the standard.
- The presentation covers the project problem domain, approach, outcomes and the skills, knowledge and behaviours demonstrated.
What qualification is awarded?
Upon successful completion of DATS PID apprenticeship, learners are awarded BSc (Hons) in Digital & Technology Solutions from UWE Bristol.
When does the next cohort start?
We are enrolling now for DATS PID apprenticeship starting in autumn 2023.
Contact us today
If your organisation is interested in recruiting a DATS Professional apprentice or has a member of staff to upskill with this programme, get in touch with our Employer Training & Apprenticeships team ASAP to discuss your needs and find out about support and funding available.
Call: 0345 1552020