#NAW2021 The West of England Institute of Technology: Join the creators and makers of the future
Join the creators and makers of the future
If you're looking for an apprenticeship and a career in the ever-growing engineering, cyber and computing industry, Gloucestershire College, part of the West of England Institute of Technology, is the place to develop after your college course or A Levels.
What is the West of England Institute of Technology?
Gloucestershire College is a proud partner in the West of England Institute of Technology (WEIoT) - a government-funded programme bringing together key academic and employer partners across the region to develop the skills of the future.
We're proud to work with Weston College, University of the West of England, Yeovil College and Bath College as academic partners in WEIoT. The anchor employers of the WEIoT include Bamboo Technology, GE Aviation, Renishaw, GKN Aerospace, JISC, Leonardo, Airbus, National Composites Centre, North Somerset Council, io Academy, Rolls Royce, St Monica Trust, United Bristol and Weston Health NHS Trust.
Together we are committed to providing the next generation with the digital and technical skills they need for the jobs of the future.
We design and deliver flexible, higher-level technical learning to equip individuals with the skills to fully participate in, and contribute to, economic growth driven by digital innovation and emerging technologies.
We are one of only 12 national Institutes of Technology licenced by the Department for Education to support local employers develop higher-level skills and train employees for the jobs of tomorrow.
What does this mean for apprentices?
Apprentices and full-time students can choose a WEIoT academic partner with confidence as their apprenticeship training provider.
- The WEIoT will provide students and apprentices with better jobs opportunities, as the career pathways are aligned to UK industrial strategy, which will create better prospects and access to, higher paid and more fulfilling careers and lives.
- WEIoT students and apprentices will have access to the latest industrial facilities, equipment and technology.
- WEIoT students and apprentices will be future proofed, differentiated and advanced within their chosen careers.
- WEIoT students and apprenticescan expect unrivalled learning environments. They can access the very finest and most cutting-edge technology, facilities, workspaces and IT systems, approved, developed and backed by significant national employers.
- WEIoT students and apprentices belong to a community much larger than their educational institution. Through access to digital learning technologies, collaborating with other students studying in other locations across the IoT region, students and apprentice will be able to thrive in their studies.
Explore our WEIoT apprenticeships
We have an incredible range of Level 4, 5 and Degree IoT apprenticeships in Cyber and Engineering at Gloucestershire College. All our apprentices learn in cutting edge facilities. View all our WEIOT full-time courses and apprenticeships here.
Read about the experiences of our WEIoT apprentices
Visit the WEIoT website to find out more about our partners