Bridging the technical skills gap: discover IT and cyber apprenticeships at our employer event
Discover how you can access new talent and the essential IT and cyber skills your business needs.
Wednesday 24 March 2021, 2-3pm
About this Event
Find out how we are enabling employers to access new talent and the essential IT and cyber skills businesses need. Discover our brand new Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship starting this September and our full suite of specialist accredited programmes.
Our event will be hosted by Julie Tegg, Director of Apprenticeships and Employer Training, and Myra Billinghurst, Business Development Manager at Gloucestershire College.
This virtual event will include:
- The launch of our brand NEW Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship – Starting in September 2021, our latest degree apprenticeship can bring essential skills into your business for today and the future. Find out more from our expert team.
- Discover our full suite of specialist IT and Cyber apprenticeships – From Level 3 to Degree, our Infrastructure, Software, Network Engineering, Digital Solutions and Cyber apprenticeships bridge the skills gap to provide quality, industry standard development for not only new recruits but current employees too.
- The benefits of apprenticeships for businesses – Proven to increase productivity, employee retention and motivation as well as building talent pipelines and skillsets, the benefits of IT and Cyber apprenticeships are endless.
- Overcoming barriers and blockers – Not even a global pandemic can stop our apprentices from learning. Hundreds of new apprentices and employers have joined us at Gloucestershire College during the pandemic to start their apprenticeships. Find out how we support our employers and apprentices as we dispel some of the myths around apprentices from recruitment to mentoring, funding, recruitment and how apprenticeships fit alongside remote working.
- Live Q&A session – Thinking about hiring an apprentice for your business? Would you like to maximise the benefits of apprenticeships for your current staff? Get your questions answered by our expert team.
- Funding information – There is a lot of financial support available to businesses. Our team can help you to make the most of it.
- Next steps – If you are ready to recruit an apprentice or you want to upskill an existing member of staff through one of our IT or Cyber apprenticeships, we will tell you the next steps and how we will support you.
Open to all
This virtual event is open to all employers, managers, HR managers, recruitment teams and employees who are looking to advance their IT or Cyber career and upskill.
If you would like to submit any apprenticeship questions prior to the event, please get in touch with our Business Hub team by emailing: email@example.com
Book your place
Wednesday 24 March 2021, 2-3pm
We hope you can join us. Book your place via Eventbrite here.
Our IT Infrastructure, Software and Cyber apprenticeship cohorts are starting soon.
If the last year has proved anything, it's how important IT and connectivity are for every business. Recruit new talent or upskill your existing staff with the essential IT skills your business needs. We offer a wide range of specialist programmes suitable for businesses of every size and sector. Explore our programmes below:
Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship (Level 3) – Starting April 2021
Software Developer Technician (Level 3) – Starting April 2021
Software Developer (Level 4) – Starting April 2021
Software Tester (Level 4) – Starting January 2022
Network Engineer Apprenticeship (Level 4) – Starting April 2021
Cyber Security Technician (Level 3) – Starting May 2021
Cyber Security Degree Apprenticeship (Level 6) – Starting September 2021
Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship (Level 6) – NEW for September 2021. Book your place at our webinar to find out more.