Terms and Conditions
The term ‘Gloucestershire College’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website, Gloucestershire College, whose address is Princess Elizabeth Way, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL51 7SJ. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. Information may over time become out of date.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable (provided that nothing shall limit or exclude our liability for fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence). It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without GloucestershireCollege’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of these terms and conditions.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt: any part of our site; any equipment or network on which our site is stored; any software used in the provision of our site; or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Access to our website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
If you upload material to our website, or send any communication via our website, such material or communication must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Gloucestershire College, GC, gloscol.ac.uk and our logo are trademarks belonging to us. We give no permission for the use of these trademarks, and such use may constitute an infringement of our rights.
The other registered and unregistered trademarks or service marks on our website are the property of their respective owners. Unless stated otherwise, we do not endorse and are not affiliated with any of the holders of any such rights and as such we cannot grant any licence to exercise such rights.
We are committed to making the information and resources provided via our website accessible to the widest possible audience. To enable this, we follow widely accepted 'best practice' principles for design and usability. You can easily adjust the site in a number of ways to fit your needs.
Customise the site to fit your needs
In order to make this website easier to read and navigate, you can change display settings such as:
- Text size
- Colour and contrast
- Screen magnification
- Style sheets
The BBC's website "My Web My Way" offers help on adjusting these and other features in your specific operating system and browser.
The website is built using XHTML and CSS, according to W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) standards. It is designed to be in line with recognised best practice, such as the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
We have endeavoured to follow current Web Accessibilty Initiative (W3C WAI) guidelines and look to ensure that Conformance Level "AA": all Priority 2 checkpoints are satisfied.
WCAG 1.0 has 14 guidelines that are general principles of accessible design. Each guideline has one or more checkpoints that explain how the guideline applies in a specific area.
From time to time we may run competitions, free prize draws and/or other promotions on our website. These will be subject to separate terms and conditions (that we will make available to you as appropriate).
Third party advertising
There may be third party advertising posted on gloscol.ac.uk from time to time which will likely contain links to Third Party Sites. GloucestershireCollege does exercise a review of advertising and editorial content before publishing; however, GloucestershireCollege does not accept any liability and responsibility for the content contained within Third Party Sites. Gloucestershire Colleges’ liability and responsibility for the content of such third party advertising on gloscol.ac.uk and any damage it may cause is hereby disclaimed and excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Where Gloucestershire College provides hyperlinks to a third party site, Gloucestershire College shall not take any responsibility for nor does it make any warranties, representations or undertakings about the content of such site and Gloucestershire College does not endorse or approve the content of such third party sites. If you decide to use any link to a third party site you leave gloscol.ac.uk and you do so at your own risk.
We continue to make further improvements and enhancements to our accessibility features according to feedback. Please let us know of any problems you may have encountered, or of any features that you have found particularly useful. You can contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Gloucestershire College and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue, for any business interruption, for any loss of anticipated savings, for any loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation, or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website (provided that nothing shall limit or exclude our liability for fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence).
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Gloucestershire College. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Gloucestershire College takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Breach of these terms
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
The responses described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact us.
Thank you for visiting our site.