We believe our generous holiday entitlements and benefits package allows our staff the opportunity to create a good work life balance.
Take a look at some of our benefits below:
- 38 days annual leave for Lecturers and up to 37 days for Professional Services (plus Bank Holidays)
- Christmas Closure Period
- Paid volunteering day each year
- Team building day each year
- Access to online discounted retail platform – My PERKS
- NUS Student Discount Card
- Health Cash Plan – access up to £5000 of insurance on general health services for you and your family and up to £250,000 personal accident cover, plus a 24/7 GP helpline and private prescription service
- Various pension schemes including Teachers Pension (TPS) and People’s Pension
- Discounted Gym Memberships – save up to 25% on membership at thousands of gyms, leisure centres, yoga studios, bootcamps and more
- Cycle to Work Scheme- be green, get fit and beat the morning commute whilst saving on tax and NI contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme- a confidential service for you and your family to provide support and information on a wide range of issues such as physical and mental health, family, childcare, housing , bereavement, relationships, legal and tax and eldercare.
- Salary sacrifice on-site nursery provision (Cheltenham and Gloucester)
- Green Car Scheme- an inclusive car scheme that saves you tax and NI when you go green
- Enhanced maternity, adoptions and shared parental leave package*
- 2 weeks full pay for paternity leave*
- Interest free loans to support professional and personal development
*qualifying period applies
As part of your benefits package, we’ve negotiated some great deals with top retail brands and travel providers and you can save online and in-store with discount cards, vouchers, codes and cashback.
You can also receive staff discount on external gym memberships, at local restaurants and through a staff NUS Extra card.
For academic staff you will be auto-enrolled into the Teachers Pension Scheme.
Non academic staff we offer a matched contribution scheme through Peoples Pension, dependent on role.
We have a dedicated Learning & Development and Teaching & Learning team who work closely to identify what we can do to develop and retain our highly talented workforce.
Development opportunities could include:
- Staff Development days- an opportunity to attend a range of training sessions on site or undertaking CPD in your industry.
- Learning Lounges- come along to a Learning Lounge, take advantage of the free cake and find out about new and exciting teaching & learning practices or receive a quick update on College processes and procedures.
- Becoming a Lecturer- an internal recruitment campaign which can lead to the progression of many internal staff from various areas into teaching roles.
- We are delighted to confirm that financial support is available for staff to study on GC courses (some exceptions apply). So if you’d like to study towards that dream position or you have a personal goal to fulfil, remember you could also receive a 20% discount from your course fees.