Explore our apprenticeship programmes
We have IT and cyber apprenticeship training programmes starting this September for:
Cyber Security Technologists, Software Developers, Software Testers, Network Engineers, Infrastructure Technicians
Made to work for your business
Our expert trainers have a great deal of flexibility to deliver training that is tailored to meet your needs. For example, four software developers on the same programme could all be learning different programming languages such as Java Script, C#, Visual Basic. NET and Python, depending on what they need in their role.
Our dedicated Business Hub team will provide you with full support in setting up your apprenticeship programme from recruitment right through to completion. We will be with you every step of the way to ensure your apprentices are learning the skills your business needs.
How will it benefit my business?
- It is a low-cost way to bring new talent into your organisation – recruitment is free and the training is funded either by your levy, or you pay just 5% of the bill (the government funds the rest)
- What apprentices learn will be tailored to your business – the programmes you use and the challenges you face
- It will change your business for the better – 78% of employers report improved productivity after recruiting an apprentice
Training The Next Generation
The UK has one of the most vibrant digital economies in the world; however, there is not currently the tech skills base to match.
At Gloucestershire College, we provide businesses with cutting edge digital and IT and Cyber Security training solutions with specialised apprenticeships which are professionally accredited by The Chartered Institute for IT (BCS).
Here at Bamboo we place a huge emphasis on developing talent. That’s why we’re delighted to be advancing our IT expertise with Gloucestershire College through their apprenticeship programmes. We’re delighted to be helping develop the future IT professionals that the industry constantly needs. The Cyber Degree Apprenticeship is a perfect opportunity for not only attracting new talent to our business, but a way of up-skilling and investing in our existing team for their future development. Having worked with Gloucestershire College for several years, we have always been impressed by their quality of training and professional level of support from start to finish for both the learner and business.
Launching September 2020 Cyber Security Degree Apprenticeship
Taught by Gloucestershire College's cyber experts and University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) lecturers, apprentices can earn a UWE Bristol degree right here at GC in our brand new world-class £3million cyber facility, within easy reach of work or home.
Through our new cyber degree apprenticeship, you can future proof your business by training existing employees or newly recruited apprentices with the skills they need to protect your business from cybercrime.
Our status as an Institute of Technology has secured the College £3 million to invest in our IT and Cyber training facilities, which will make them some of the best in the country.” - Andy Bates, Vice Principal of Gloucestershire College
Our experts can support you to make the most of available funding. If you are looking to develop your apprenticeship and levy strategy, The GC Business Hub offers a free consultation with one of our experts for advice on apprenticeship pathways within your organisation.
If you pay the apprenticeship levy, we can support you to maximise the benefits of apprenticeship training. You can use your levy funds to bring in new talent to the business, or upskill existing employees and help reduce skills gaps.
If you are not a levy payer, (your wage bill is less than £3 million) you will contribute just 5% of the total cost of your apprenticeship training, the Government will pay the remaining 95%. Additionally, you will receive a £1000 incentive payment for each 16-18 year old apprentice that you take on.
If your company has less than 50 employees and you take on a 16-18 year old you are entitled to receive the training free of charge.
Contact our Business Hub team for no-obligation funding information and advice on: 01452 563400 / email@example.com