Cyber Security Degree Apprenticeship Level 6 in partnership with UWE Bristol
Taught by Gloucestershire College's cyber experts and UWE Bristol lecturers, apprentices can earn a UWE Bristol degree right here at GC in our brand new world-class £3million cyber facility, within easy reach of work or home.
Through our new cyber degree apprenticeship, you can future proof your business by training existing employees or newly recruited apprentices with the skills they need to protect your business from cybercrime.
The apprenticeship will cover the following core areas:
- Foundations of cyber security
- Network foundations
- Information management
- Computer architecture
- Operating system principles
- Legal, regulatory, compliance and standards
- Algorithm and program design
- Malware, threats and defensive programming
For more information, contact our Business Hub team via: email@example.com
Watch our Cyber Degree Apprenticeship Launch Video
Learn more about the apprenticeship degree from Gloucestershire College and UWE Bristol, while hearing from cyber industry experts.
What you can expect:
- UWE Bristol coming to Cheltenham
- Introduction to the new cyber security degree apprenticeship
- The landscape of the cyber security industry from Bamboo
- The latest on Cheltenham's Cyber Park coming 2025
Discover our Cyber Security Technologist Apprenticeship Level 4
This course is suitable for people already working in a security related role such as a Cyber Security Specialist, Information Security Analyst, Forensics & Incident Response Analyst or Penetration Tester, and for those aspiring to develop a career in cyber security.
Core areas of study will include:
- Threats, hazards, risks and intelligence
- Developing and analysing a security case
- Organisational context for a structured and reasoned implementation of security in a network
- Cyber security risk assessment
- Information security policy and procedure
- Security technologist
- Incident response
The duration of the apprenticeship is 24 months.
Our experts can support you to make the most of available funding. If you are looking to develop your apprenticeship and levy strategy, The GC Business Hub offers a free consultation with one of our experts for advice on apprenticeship pathways within your organisation.
If you pay the apprenticeship levy, we can support you to maximise the benefits of apprenticeship training. You can use your levy funds to bring in new talent to the business, or upskill existing employees and help reduce skills gaps.
If you are not a levy payer, (your wage bill is less than £3 million) you will contribute just 5% of the total cost of your apprenticeship training, the Government will pay the remaining 95%. Additionally, you will receive a £1000 incentive payment for each 16-18 year old apprentice that you take on.
If your company has less than 50 employees and you take on a 16-18 year old you are entitled to receive the training free of charge.
Contact our Business Hub team now on: 01452 563400