T Levels: the next level qualification
A new alternative to A Levels
T Levels are a new, two-year qualification, designed to give you a head start towards the career you want. Endorsed by businesses, they include an extended industry placement to help you learn what a real career is like.
We’re excited to offer T Levels at Gloucestershire College from September 2021 in:
Construction: Design, Surveying and Planning
For those wanting a career in construction, specifically in surveying and design, civil engineering, building services design, or hazardous materials surveying
For those wanting a career in healthcare or science; you’ll cover assisting adult nursing teams with clinical tasks, supporting individuals in daily activities and assisting with skin integrity assessments.
Digital Support Services: Digital Infrastructure
For those wanting a career in digital infrastructure and support. This course will be taught in brand new, state-of-the-art facilities, including our own departmental network and a wide range of professional software and hardware resources.
Need to know
- Two years of full-time study, equivalent to three A Levels
- 80% in the classroom and 20% on a work placement
- More classroom study than apprenticeships; experience working in industry alongside study
- A mix of industry-specific technical knowledge and practical skills, underpinned by maths, English and digital skills
- Worth UCAS points and recognised by universities – one T Level Distinction* is worth the same as three A Levels at A*
- Progress into a skilled job or study for a higher/degree-level apprenticeship, or a university-level qualification