Kickstart Scheme: Back local talent with Gloucestershire College
The Kickstart Scheme is a new incentive from the government to support 16 to 24 year olds who currently claim Universal Credit and are at serious risk of becoming long-term unemployed. The scheme provides funding for employers to create new 6-month job placements for these young people.
The government funding will cover 100% of the relevant National Minimum Wage for 25 hours per week, associated employer National Insurance contributions, and employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions.
The young person will receive invaluable, paid work experience and the opportunity to develop their skills. Gloucestershire College is acting as an intermediary for local businesses who want to get involved in the scheme.
- Offer a 6-month work placement to a young person
- For employers who can provide 30 or more job placements, you can apply directly via the government website
- For employers who are providing less than 30 (even one or two placements is still fantastic), Gloucestershire College is acting as a representative and will apply on your behalf.
What are the benefits for employers?
- 100% of the young person's wage will be paid by the government plus your business will receive funding towards any start-up costs such as uniform, equipment and training
- Provide your current employees with experience in training and mentoring
- Help back local talent and shape the skills and future of young people within Gloucestershire
Why Gloucestershire College?
By acting as an intermediary, Gloucestershire College will not only handle the whole application process for you but will also provide training and support to the young people joining your business.
As part of the scheme, Gloucestershire College is providing all participants with a Kickstart training programme. This training programme will see participants gain personal, social, work and vocational skills to prepare them for employment. This additional training provided by Gloucestershire College combined with the 6-month work placement with your organisation will have a lasting, meaningful impact on the young person’s future.
On completion of the placement, Gloucestershire College can provide employers and their Kickstart employees with further support and training solutions such as apprenticeships, traineeships, and professional courses to help them into full time employment.
Gloucestershire College is delighted to be the Circle2Success official Kickstart partner. The Circle2Success leading business community is home to hundreds of outstanding businesses across the South West. We hope to see as many employers as possible supporting young people and offering placement opportunities with the Kickstart Scheme.
Back local talent
Whether your business can offer 1, 5, or 20+ places, get involved and help support the next generation right here in Gloucestershire. Visit: www.gloscol.ac.uk/kickstart and fill in the contact form to register your interest.