#NAW19 Advantages of Apprenticeships
Why should you do an apprenticeship?
There are many advantages to doing an apprenticeship, GC lists five benefits...
1. Apprenticeships are structured training programmes where you can work, in the real world, while gaining a qualification. You can learn the specific skills to succeed in that industry. You are in employment a lot earlier and this has a lot of benefits. It is almost like you’ve had a kick start, you will progress in your career faster and begin to earn a good salary much earlier in your life.
2. You’ll gain real life, hands on experience in your chosen industry and you can put skills into practice as you learn them, gradually gaining more confidence.
3. You will be earning while you are learning – no student loans, which means no student debt. Apprenticeships are employer and government funded.
4. There is so much choice with many different types of apprenticeships. Whether you’re looking for a career in Catering, Hair, Business or Construction, there is an apprenticeship for you with GC.
5. Every day will be different, it is a varied experience. Most of the day you would be learning on the job and some days you will be studying at College. You’ll get a balance of theory and practical study. You will even get the benefit of progressing to higher qualifications if that is what you want to do – from Level 2 right up to degree level.
To find out the full advantages of doing an apprenticeship and meet the local employers currently recruiting, come to our Apprenticeship Open Evening on Wednesday 20 March. Click on the following link for more information and to book your place: www.gloscol.ac.uk/campaigns/apprenticeship-open-evening/