NEW Spring Taster Sessions at Gloucestershire College
Spring has sprung and now’s the perfect time for young people across Gloucestershire to make those all-important decisions about their next steps towards their future career goals.
So we're opening our doors to prospective students and their parents after the Easter break for an all-new series of departmental Spring Taster Evenings, to give them the opportunity to do just that.
From Catering, Construction and Care to Public Services, Business and the Outdoor Adventure Academy, there are endless vocational options available across all sectors at Gloucestershire College. The difficult decision to make is which one is right for you.
At the Spring Taster Evenings visitors will have the chance to see these departments and more in action, with industry-experienced lecturers and successful students all on hand to answer any questions they may have.
Just some of the exciting activities and demonstrations planned include a cycling skills course, introduction to bush craft and roped tree climbing at the Outdoor Adventure Academy; marketing activities in the Business Department; exhibitions of students’ work in the Arts and Media Department; and demonstrations in the purpose-built Health and Social Care ward at Gloucester Campus.
The free events will also include tours of the campus’ state-of-the-art facilities, light refreshments and the opportunity to find out what past students have gone on to achieve after college. Plus, if you decide the course area is right for you, you can even get ahead and submit your application on the night!
There are two 90-minute sessions available for each department’s Spring Taster Evening: 4pm and 5.30pm.
- Catering and Hospitality, Tuesday 14 April, Cheltenham Campus
- Health, Care and Early Years, Tuesday 14 April, Gloucester Campus
- Outdoor Adventure Academy, Wednesday 15 April, Royal Forest of Dean Campus
- Public Services, Thursday 16 April, Gloucester Campus
- Business, Thursday 16 April, Gloucester Campus
- Hairdressing, Beauty and Holistic Therapies, Thursday 16 April, Gloucester Campus
- Arts, Media, Music and Performing Arts, Tuesday 21 April, Gloucester Campus
- Construction and Building Services, Engineering and Motor Vehicle, Wednesday 22 April, Gloucester Campus
Places for each Spring Taster Evening are limited so pre-registration is essential.
Visit www.gctasters.co.uk for more information and to pre-register for your place now.