This Apprenticeship Standard is designed to provide you with qualified Infrastructure Technicians who can help internal and external customers to be productive when using technology in their own jobs by using tools to problem solve and trouble shoot non routine problems. They will be able to set people up on systems, provide support when it’s needed and rectify issues to maintain the organisation’s productivity.
Delivery model: Training will be delivered in College and Quanta
Duration: Minimum of 18 months
- Help Desk Technician
- First or Second Line Support
- IT Infrastructure Technician
- Network Support
The apprenticeship will cover the following core areas:
- IT security
- Remote infrastructure
- Problem solving
- Work-flow management
- Health and safety
- The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment directive
Benefits for Learners
- Gaining industry recognised professional qualification
- Developing skills that will increase your career potential
- Industry support from industry experienced staff working with the British Computing Society
- Working with the British Computing Society
English and maths functional skills Level 2
End Point Assessment
The final, end point assessment is completed in the last few months of the apprenticeship. It is based on:
- Portfolio of evidence – produced towards the end of the apprenticeship, containing evidence from real work projects which have been completed during the apprenticeship, usually towards the end, and which, taken together, cover the totality of the standard, and which is assessed as part of the end point assessment
- Synoptic project - giving the apprentice the opportunity to undertake a business-related project over a one-week period away from the day to day workplace
- Employer reference
- Interview - exploring what has been produced in the portfolio and the project as well as looking at how it has been produced
An independent assessor (from the BCS) will assess each element of the end point assessment and will then decide whether to award successful apprentices with a pass, a merit or a distinction.
Benefits for Business
- Develop the skills your business needs
- Get qualified and motivated staff
- Future proof your business
- Professional qualification for your existing staff
Held by over 1 million IT professionals worldwide, CompTIA A+ is the most essential IT certification for establishing an IT career. If you’re new to the IT industry, this will help you put your best foot forward. And if you’re already an IT professional, the CompTIA A+ certification validates your skills and can boost your career.
Microsoft Certification: Install and configure Windows 10 (70-698)
Learn to install and configure Windows 10 as you prepare for Microsoft’s 70-698 exam.
Exam 70-698 is the first of two exams for the MCSA certification. Addressing local and desktop deployments, these topics form the foundation of what’s to come. This course gives you the tools you need along with expert content so you can build the essential knowledge base and master the key concepts. This is one of two exams toward obtaining your MCSA.
BCS Level 3 Award in Cloud Services
This module covers the range of concepts, approaches and techniques that are applicable to cloud services. Key areas are:
• Understanding and working knowledge of the Cloud and cloud services
• Understanding the importance of disaster recovery and how a disaster recovery plan works, and their role within it.
BCS Level 3 Award in Coding and Logic
This module covers knowledge and understanding of business processes principles and techniques. Key areas are:
• Understanding working / scripting at the command line: particularly when supporting any server work.
• Understanding and recognising different coding and language.
• Understanding application life cycle management.
• Understanding algorithms and data structures.
• Understanding web page development.
ITIL, an acronym for Information Technology Infrastructure Library, is a set of detailed practices for IT service management (ITSM) that focuses on aligning IT services with the needs of business. This module provides comprehensive first-level training for anyone involved in provision, support, and delivery of IT Services.
Why work with Gloucestershire College
We will work in partnership with you to help you achieve your business objectives by providing exceptional apprenticeship programmes, a comprehensive range of staff training and skills development courses and access to an unrivalled resource of motivated and work ready employees.
Shortlist and Apply
If you would like to apply for this course, please add it to your shortlist. You may then add further courses to your shortlist or continue to complete your application.
Shortlist and Apply