Are you interested in exploring the German language and culture? Would you like to visit Germany, Austria or Switzerland and want to get by in the language? Do you have German family or friends? Then this 6 week online taster course is for you.
This course is suitable for students who have never studied German before or who studied the language years ago and want to go back to the basics.
Over the course of the year students will:
- Study the vocabulary of basic everyday topics which will enable them to get by when travelling to a German speaking country and to communicate on a simple level with local people
- Be introduced to simple but authentic reading texts
- Become familiar with the basic rules of German grammar, simple sentences independently
- Through the study of the language, become familiar with many aspects of German life and culture Students will have studied the following topics:
- Family and personal details
- Telling the time
- Free time and hobbies / likes and dislikes
- Out and about (in the café/restaurant, directions, shopping)
Students will be familiar with gender (masculine, feminine and neuter) and case (nominative, accusative and dative) and be able to use the present tense.
What materials or equipment need to be provided by the student?
- A suitable device for online learning.
German Beginners - Remote Delivery
July 2021 (TBC)
Shortlist and Apply
To register your interest, please call Student Services on 0345 155 2020