Are you interested in an online 6 week taster course in French language and culture? Would you like to visit France and get by in the language? Do you have family or friends who live there and speak the language? Then this is the course for you.
This course is suitable for students who have never studied French before or who studied the language years ago and want to go back to the basics.
Over the course of the three terms students will:
- study the vocabulary of everyday topics which will enable them to get by when travelling to the country and to communicate on a very basic level with local people
- become familiar with the basic rules of grammar, enabling them to create simple sentences independently
- through the study of the language, become familiar with many aspects of life and culture
By the end of the course: students will have studied a selection of the following topics:
- Greetings, goodbyes and other social expressions
- Family and personal details
- Numbers, dates, time, colours
- Where I live / my home
- Free time and hobbies / likes and dislikes
- Out and about (in the cafe/restaurant, directions, shopping, booking a room in a hotel)
Students will become familiar with grammatical structures such as:
- Gender (masculine, feminine, neuter)
- The present tense of regular and some irregular verbs.
- Question and negative forms
What materials or equipment need to be provided by the student?
- A suitable device for online learning.
Shortlist and Apply
To register your interest, please call Student Services on 0345 1 55 2020