This course is suitable for students who have either never studied Spanish before and would like to study at a slightly faster pace or who studied the language some years ago and would like to go back to the basics on a more intensive course.
During the course students will:
- Study the vocabulary of everyday topics which will enable them to get by when travelling to the country and to communicate on a simple level with local people.
- Be introduced to simple but authentic and real reading texts
- Become familiar with the basic rules of grammar, enabling them to create simple sentences independently and to produce simple pieces of writing such as postcards & informal emails
- Through the study of the language, become familiar with many aspects of life and culture
By the end of the course students will have studied a selection of the following topics:
- Greetings, goodbyes and other social expressions
- Family and personal details
- Numbers, dates, time, colours
- Where I live / my home
- Work and daily routine
- Free time and hobbies / likes and dislikes
- Out and about (in the cafe/restaurant, directions, shopping, booking a room in a hotel)
Students will become familiar with grammatical structures such as:
- Gender (masculine, feminine)
- The present tense of regular and some irregular verbs.
- Question and negative forms
- Agreement of Adjectives
Shortlist and Apply
To register your interest, please call Student Services on 0345 1 55 2020