Are you interested in finding out more about Italian language and culture? Do you enjoy holidaying in Italy, and want to get by in the language? Do you have family or friends who live there and speak the language? Do you have a holiday home there, or maybe you are thinking of buying one. Then this is the course for you.
“Students make good progress in lessons and are keen to demonstrate their new-found knowledge and skills.” (Ofsted, 2016)
This course is suitable for students who have never studied Italian before or who studied the language years ago and want to go back to the basics.
Over the course of the three terms students will:
- Study the vocabulary of everyday topics which will enable them to get by when travelling to the country and to communicate on a simple level with local people
- Be introduced to simple but authentic and real reading texts
- Become familiar with the basic rules of grammar, enabling them to create simple sentences independently and to produce simple pieces of writing such as postcards & informal emails
- Through the study of the language, become familiar with many aspects of life and culture
By the end of the course: Students will have studied a selection of the following topics:
- Greetings, goodbyes and other social expressions
- Family and personal details
- Numbers, dates, time, colours
- Where I live / my home
- Work and daily routine
- Free time and hobbies / likes and dislikes
- Out and about (in the cafe/restaurant, directions, shopping, booking a room in a hotel)
Students will become familiar with grammatical structures such as:
- Gender (masculine, feminine)
- The present tense of regular and some irregular verbs.
- Question and negative forms
- Agreement of Adjectives
On the first evening you do not need to bring anything more than pen and paper and the willingness to try out the language. The teacher will let you know which text book is going to be used, so that you can purchase / order it before the next class. All students need to purchase the text book (Cost between £12.00 and £15.00), Students also need to keep a portfolio of their work, so ideally an A4 folder, paper and plastic wallets.
Shortlist and Apply
To register your interest, please call Student Services on 0345 1 55 2020