Are you interested in exploring the German language and culture? Do you enjoy holidaying in Germany, Austria or Switzerland and want to get by in the language? Do you have German family or friends? Then this is the course for you.
“Teachers are well qualified and experienced; they are passionate about their subject and impart their knowledge and understanding with enthusiasm.” (OFSTED, 2016)
This course is suitable for students who have never studied German before or who studied the language years ago and want to go back to the basics.
Over the course of the year students will:
- Study the vocabulary of everyday topics which will enable them to get by when travelling to a German speaking country and to communicate on a simple level with local people
- Be introduced to simple but authentic reading texts
- Become familiar with the basic rules of German grammar, simple sentences independently and to produce simple pieces of writing such as postcards & informal emails
- Through the study of the language, become familiar with many aspects of German life and culture Students will have studied a selection of the following topics:
- Family and personal details
- Where I live
- Free time and hobbies / likes and dislikes
- Out and about (in the café/restaurant, directions, shopping)
Students will be familiar with gender (masculine, feminine and neuter) and case (nominative, accusative and dative) and be able to use the present tense.
You do not need to bring anything more than pen and paper and the willingness to try out the language. The teacher will let you know which text book is going to be used, so that you can purchase / order it before the next class All students need to purchase the text book (cost: £12.00 - £15.00). Students need to keep a portfolio of their work, so ideally an A4 folder, paper and plastic wallets.
Shortlist and Apply
To register your interest, please call Student Services on 0345 1 55 2020