Have you studied French for a year or more either at Gloucestershire College or at another institution? Have you spent some time living and travelling in French-speaking countries? Are you interested in furthering your knowledge of the French language and way of life? Do you enjoy holidaying in France and want to become more confident in the language? Do you have family or friends who live there and speak the language? It probably frustrates you that you cannot say as much as you would like to!
“Teachers are well qualified and experienced; they are passionate about their subject and impart their knowledge and understanding with enthusiasm.” (OFSTED, 2016)
Over the course of the 3 terms, students will:
- Study the vocabulary of everyday topics in greater depth than in Year 1 (Beginners or Intensive), enabling them to communicate with confidence on a simple level with local people
- Learn how to give and ask for opinions
- Become more familiar with the basic rules of grammar, enabling them to create sentences independently in present, past and future tenses and to produce pieces of writing such as postcards, informal emails and short formal and informal letters
- Through the study of the language, become more familiar with many aspects of life, traditions and customs
By the end of the course students will have studied a selection of the following topics to a greater depth than in Year One:
- Family and personal details
- Where I live / my home
- Work and daily routine
- Free time and hobbies / likes and dislikes
- Out and about (in the cafe/restaurant, directions, shopping, booking a room in a hotel)
- The weather
- Holidays and going places / means of transport
- Making plans
- Problems abroad
Students will continue to familiarise themselves with grammatical structures such as :
- The present tense of regular and irregular verbs
- Question and negative forms
- Agreement of adjectives
- Adverbs of frequency
- Perfect tense
- Future Time
You do not need to bring anything more than pen, paper and folder to the first lesson. The teacher will let you know which text book is going to be used, so that you can purchase / order it before the next class (cost £12.00 - £15.00).
Students also need to keep a portfolio of their work, so ideally bring an A4 folder, paper and plastic wallets.
Choose a Start Date
Shortlist and Apply
Please select the specific course you would like to apply for.