Advanced Technical Certificate in Hairdressing Level 3
Ideal if: you wish to work in a salon
You’ll learn: advanced cutting, creative colouring, colour correction, avant-garde, long hair work, catwalk/photo-shoot techniques, and salon management and promotion skills.
Expect: to learn advanced practical techniques and develop advanced consultation skills including client care, hairdressing theory, and health and safety.
You’ll love: developing your interpersonal skills, client care and consultation skills through working as a senior stylist in our college-run Graduations salons
You will study:
- hairdressing consultation services
- creatively colour and lighten hair
- creatively style and dress hair
- hair colour correction services
- customer service
- health and safety
Alongside these vocational subjects students will be expected to undertake:
- industry related work placement
- maths and English
- seminars/workshops with industry employers and suppliers
- trips and visits (Costs TBC).
- in house, regional and national competition work
- Independent study where students will undertake independent learning to enhance their understanding of the vocationally related theory.
- Charity, community and voluntary events often related to hair and beauty which may be in addition to your timetabled hours.
Our very own salons offer learners the chance to train in facilities which are industry standard and will enable you to develop your skills in client consultation, customer service and current treatment techniques. This will support your confidence to give pre and after treatment/service advice using a variety of professional ranges such as Wella, Matrix, American Crew and Tigi.
You will take paying clients to gain the widest possible range of experiences and employability skills. You will be assessed undertaking client treatments, end of module exams and work products.
As in a professional salon, students will be expected to give our clients the highest possible customer care and portray a professional image; you’ll be required to wear a salon uniform whilst in the salons.
There are supplementary costs for material, books, course trips and visits. Financial assistance may be available. Please enquire at Student Services
All students are expected to purchase a uniform and full kit, two weeks before the course starts.
Choose a Campus
Shortlist and Apply
Please select the specific course you would like to apply for.