This qualification covers a range of complex accounting tasks. You will learn and master financial processes, including accounting principles and concepts, advanced bookkeeping, final accounts, VAT issues in business, management accounting costing techniques and ethical practices for accountants. You will also gain software skills through spreadsheet training for accounting.
This course is offered as follows:-
Gloucester Campus: Wednesday Daytime
Cheltenham Campus: Wednesday Daytime or Tuesday and Thursday Evenings
Cheltenham Campus: Tuesday Daytime
Day classes campuses require attendance between 9.30am and 4:45pm. Evening classes are two evenings 5:30pm to 8:45pm.
All classes are three hours duration plus a fifteen minute break.
The course covers six units:
- Advanced Bookkeeping
- Final Accounts Preparation
- Indirect Tax (VAT)
- Spreadsheet for Accounting
- Ethics for Accountants
- Management Accounting: Costing.
For further detail refer to the AAT website http://www.aat.org.uk/
You will undertake five computer based assessments, including an end of year synoptic assessment.
In addition to attending college, students will be expected to undertake between 4-6 hours additional study out of college.
For further information, please phone 0345 155 2020.
Students are responsible for paying their AAT annual registration fee and the cost of text books.
Finally, there are a number of options available at GC to help you pay for your course fees:
- Setting up a Direct Debit: You’ll be asked for a 20% deposit when you enrol and this can be paid in cash, or by debit or credit card. Course fees must be paid in full by the end of your course so the monthly instalments would be adjusted accordingly e.g. for a one year course you would make 8 payments
- Advanced Learner Loan: Contact Student Services to find out more
- Support for those that are unemployed and in receipt of benefits: Contact Student Services to find out if this course is eligible for funding and whether you are eligible
AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting
Choose a Campus
Shortlist and Apply
Please select the specific course you would like to apply for.