Ideal if: you are a permanent UK resident and English is not your first language.
You'll learn: reading, writing, speaking and listening.
Expect to: improve your English and have the option to take exams at a range of levels.
You'll love: the chance to improve your communication skills, employability options and the opportunity to meet students from around the world.
If you are a permanent UK resident and English is not your first language then our part-time ESOL course could be for you. Students have the opportunity to take reading, writing and speaking and listening exams at the end of the year.
"Teachers employ good strategies to help raise students’ awareness of British values. For example, in an ESOL lesson, the teacher carefully crafted a debate, encouraging students to share their life experiences in other countries". (Ofsted, 2016)
This course is for students who would like to improve their level of English to help them progress on to a range of further education and employment options.
- English for entry level to Level 2
- Students from a range of nationalities
- Specialised teaching and learning
- Excellent opportunities to progress
Many former students have described this course as an excellent springboard onto a wide range of FE and employment options.
“(GC has) helpful teachers and a comfortable great atmosphere for learning useful knowledge”
If I had to say one sentence to someone thinking of applying to GC I would say “Do not think about this, go for it!”
Magda Czerepak ESOL 2018
“I come every week, learn new things and (get) to know different people from different countries”
“I would recommend GC if you want to improve, have fun and learn from excellent teachers”
Rozxa Kovacs ESOL 2018
* Enrolment requirements: Students wishing to enrol on any ESOL courses are required to attend an initial assessment. Please be aware that any students applying to join after September will be enrolled into the existing groups subject to available spaces. For further information please contact Student Services on 0345 155 2020.
Choose a Campus
Shortlist and Apply
Please select the specific course you would like to apply for.