This course will equip learners with a detailed understanding of Functional Skills in English, including core modules that will aid employability and confidence in key skills.
The online learning resources include practice questions and mock assessments to ensure learners receive all of the knowledge they need to fully prepare for their Functional Skills examination.
Based on an average weekly study time of 6-10 hours you could complete the qualification in as little as 6 weeks.
The e-learning resources are sequenced to challenge the learner and maximise the development of crucial skills for work and life. Learners will work through all the key modules for English, to fully prepare themselves for their Functional Skills examinations.
What will you learn:
Our Functional Skills English Level 1 on-line course is made up of three key modules.
- Speaking, listening and communication (you will need to attend a couple of on-site sessions in preparation for this unit prior to your exam)
- Fully prepares learners for the Functional Skills English Level 1 examination.
- Courses are delivered via distance learning, allowing learners to choose when and where to study
- Engaging and interactive activities that stretch learners’ thinking and help put their new, extended knowledge into practice
- Study will develop learners’ knowledge, skills and confidence around crucial English topics, to enhance their future work, everyday life and employability
- Study will develop learners’ knowledge, skills and confidence to enhance their future work and life.
On successful completion of the on-line modules you will be entered to sit an assessment under exam conditions at our Gloucester Campus, Llanthony Road, Gloucester, GL2 5JQ at a mutually convenient time. Photo ID will need to be provided in order to verify your identity to be able to sit the assessment.
Please note completion of the on-line modules alone is not the equivalent of the qualification and certification will not be processed until the on-site assessment has been successfully achieved.
You will need access to a PC or laptop with a good internet connection. This course cannot be completed using a tablet or mobile phone.
Shortlist and Apply
If you would like to apply for this course, please add it to your shortlist. You may then add further courses to your shortlist or continue to complete your application.
Shortlist and Apply