The Diploma in Leadership and Management qualification is suitable for those who have management responsibilities but no formal training. It’s particularly suited to practising team leaders seeking to move up to the next level of management, and managers who need to lead people through organisational change, budget cuts or other pressures.
This course will allow you to:
- Gain a range of key management skills
- Put new skills into practice in your own role
- Build your leadership capabilities
- Motivate and engage teams, manage relationships confidently
- Develop your leadership skills using your own knowledge, values and motivations
- Understanding the Organisation and its Context
- Understanding Leadership
- Leading and motivating a team effectively
- Understanding organising and delegating in the workplace
- Planning and allocating work
- Solving problems and making decisions
- Understanding the communication process in the workplace
- Understanding workplace information systems
- Understanding how to motivate to improve performance
- Understanding performance management
- Developing yourself and others
- Diversity in the workplace
- Managing yourself
- Induction and coaching in the workplace
- Understanding training and coaching in the workplace
- Understanding discipline in the workplace
- Understanding conflict management in the workplace
- Understanding stress management in the workplace
- Understanding health and safety in the workplace
- Understanding customer service standards and requirements
- Understanding innovation and change in an organisation
- Understanding quality management in the workplace
The length of this qualification is up to 8 months and approximately 8 hours of weekly study time is recommended. (This may fluctuate according to submission dates for assessments etc.)
You will have access to the iTrain on-line platform 24 hours a day to allow flexible study around your other commitments and online assessment tasks will be provided by and submitted to your tutor through the portal. A portfolio of evidence will be collected for review by the exam board and assessments will be marked and moderated by the GC tutor team. Your first assessment will be due approximately 6 weeks after your course begins.
This course can start at any time of the year and we'll aim to get you started as soon as possible.
From April 2021, any adult who wants to achieve their first full level 3 qualification, which is equivalent to an advanced technical certificate or diploma, or 2 full A levels, will be able to access this course for free.
If you are not eligible for the course to be fully funded the course fee is £1987 but you may like to consider the Advanced Learner Loan as a funding option. For further details of the Advanced Learner Loan please visit https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan
Shortlist and Apply
If you would like to apply for this course, please add it to your shortlist. You may then add further courses to your shortlist or continue to complete your application.
Shortlist and Apply