The Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care is designed for people who are interested in working in adult social care or are new to adult social care and looking for an introductory qualification. It is the ideal qualification for those who may be looking towards a career change and want to understand more about health and social care. This qualification is designed as a knowledge-only course; it does not cover any competence or practical elements, but covers knowledge in equality and diversity, communication and safeguarding.
The qualification consists of 9 MANDATORY UNITS:
- Unit 1: Principles of communication in adult social care settings.
- Unit 2: Principles of personal development in adult social care settings
- Unit 3: Principles of diversity, equality and inclusion in adult social care settings.
- Unit 4: Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Unit 5: Principles for implementing duty of care in heath, social care or children’s and young people’s.
- Unit 6: Understanding the role of the social care worker.
- Unit 7: Understanding person-centred approaches in adult social care settings.
- Unit 9: Understand how to handle information in social care settings.
The length of this qualification is up to 5 months and approximately 8 hours of weekly study time is recommended. (This may fluctuate according to submission dates for assessments etc.)
You will have access to the iTrain on-line platform 24 hours a day to allow flexible study around your other commitments and online assessment tasks will be provided by and submitted to your tutor through the portal. A portfolio of evidence will be collected for review by the exam board and assessments will be marked and moderated by the GC tutor team. Your first assessment will be due approximately 6 weeks after your course begins.
In order to complete the qualification there are no network or processing requirements but you will need access to a good internet connection that supports the uploading and downloading of files to your computer. A minimum of Level 2 Maths and English at Grade C/4 is recommended.
This course can start at any time of the year and we'll aim to get you started as soon as possible.
The course fee is £811 but you may like to consider the Advanced Learner Loan as a funding option. For further details of the Advanced Learner Loan please visit https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan
Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
Shortlist and Apply
If you would like to apply for this course, please add it to your shortlist. You may then add further courses to your shortlist or continue to complete your application.
Shortlist and Apply