Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care enables learners to develop knowledge and understanding of caring for individuals with dementia. It allows learners to develop in-depth knowledge and understanding of dementia and its effects. Learners will gain an understanding of the types of dementia, the importance of early diagnosis and the role of communication, interaction and inclusion in dementia care and support.
The qualification consists of 7 MANDATORY UNITS:
- Unit 1: Understanding Dementia.
- Unit 2: Understanding how person-centred approaches are used to underpin the care and support of individuals with Dementia.
- Unit 3: Principles of communication and interaction in Dementia care and support.
- Unit 4: Supporting positive interaction, occupation and activity in Dementia care.
- Unit 5: Principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in Dementia care and support.
- Unit 6: Understand how to support individuals with Dementia to exercise choice and rights.
- Unit 7: Principles of the administration of medication and well-being of individuals with Dementia.
You will have access to the iTrain on-line platform 24 hours a day to allow flexible study around your other commitments and online assessment tasks will be provided by and submitted to your tutor through the portal. A portfolio of evidence will be collected for review by the exam board and assessments will be marked and moderated by the GC tutor team. Your first assessment will be due approximately 6 weeks after your course begins.
In order to complete the qualification there are no network or processing requirements but you will need access to a good internet connection that supports the uploading and downloading of files to your computer. A minimum of Level 2 Maths and English at Grade C/4 is recommended.
This course can start at any time of the year and we'll aim to get you started as soon as possible.
The course fee is £811 but you may like to consider the Advanced Learner Loan as a funding option. For further details of the Advanced Learner Loan please visit https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan
Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care
Shortlist and Apply
If you would like to apply for this course, please add it to your shortlist. You may then add further courses to your shortlist or continue to complete your application.
Shortlist and Apply