This FREE on-line fundamental qualification will help you to develop your understanding and knowledge of how to sensitively and appropriately care for individuals in the final stages of life.
- Learn more about the delivery of optimum patient care
- Improve your healthcare skills to strengthen relationships and interactions with those in your supervision
- Develop the knowledge and principles that underpin outstanding care and treatment of those in vulnerable medical states
- Gain or develop key transferrable skills applicable in a range of roles within the health sector
Each unit contains an assessment to demonstrate your knowledge of each subject area. Once you successfully complete all units you will achieve a Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care.
Unit 1: Understand how to work in end of life care
- Different perspectives on death and dying
- The aims, principles and policies of end of life care
- Factors regarding communication
- Accessing the range of support services available to individuals and others.
Unit 2: Care planning in end of life care
- The holistic approach to end of life care
- Person-centred assessment and care planning
- Advance care planning.
Unit 3: Understand how to provide support to manage pain and discomfort
- Approaches to managing pain and discomfort
- Assisting in minimising individuals’ pain or discomfort
- Monitoring, reporting and recording on the management of individuals’ pain or discomfort.
Unit 4: End of life care and dementia
- How an individual’s dementia can affect their end of life care
- Supporting individuals with dementia affected by pain and distress
- Supporting family, significant others and friends of an individual with dementia.
Unit 5: Understanding the role of the care worker in time of death
- Supporting individuals as they are approaching death
- How to care for a deceased individual
- Support needed by family, significant others and friends of the deceased
- Relevant legislation and policies.
Unit 6: Understand loss and grief in end of life care
- The process of loss and grief
- Loss in the context of end of life care
- Supporting people following bereavement
- Managing own feelings of loss and grief when working in end of life care.
10 hours per week
No existing qualification required
What computer software will I need?
To study online with vision2learn you will require the following:
- An Internet enabled PC running Microsoft Windows operating system
- An active email account
- Microsoft Word or a similar word processing software program. (You may need additional software programs for IT courses – please contact us for more information.)
- Adobe Reader
- Adobe Flash Player (version 9.0 or higher)
Supported web browsers
We currently support the following web browsers.
- Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Edge *
- Google Chrome *
- Mozilla Firefox *
* Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Chrome follow a continuous release policy. We will support the last 2 major versions of each of these browsers.
Level 2 Principles of End of Life Care
Shortlist and Apply
If you would like to apply for this course, please add it to your shortlist. You may then add further courses to your shortlist or continue to complete your application.
Shortlist and Apply