Build on your existing IT knowledge for home and the workplace and learn how to make the most of widespread IT software with this FREE on-line course.
- Boost your CV and gain IT skills valued by UK employers
- Gain intermediate knowledge of widely-used Microsoft Office programs, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Master IT techniques to improve your productivity in the workplace
- Continue to develop your computer skills to aid your progress in a variety of different careers
Each unit contains an assessment to demonstrate your knowledge of each subject area. Once you successfully complete all four units you will achieve a Level 2 Certificate in IT User Skills.
Unit 1: Word processing software
- Managing documents
- Word processing editing tools
- Structure and layout
- Combining information
- Document quality control
Unit 2: Presentation software
- Entering information into presentations
- Managing presentations
- Presentation editing tools
- Slide formatting
- Animating your presentation
- Preparing your presentation
Unit 3: Spreadsheet software
- Creating a spreadsheet
- Managing spreadsheets
- Analysing data
- Formatting and presenting data
- Charts and graphs
- Spreadsheet quality control.
10 hours per week
Whilst an understanding of the sector would be advantageous no existing qualifications are required.
What computer software will I need?
To study online with vision2learn you will require the following:
- An Internet enabled PC running Microsoft Windows operating system
- An active email account
- Microsoft Word or a similar word processing software program. (You may need additional software programs for IT courses – please contact us for more information.)
- Adobe Reader
- Adobe Flash Player (version 9.0 or higher)
Supported Web Browsers
The following web browsers are currently supported.
- Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Edge *
- Google Chrome *
- Mozilla Firefox *
* Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Chrome follow a continuous release policy. We will support the last 2 major versions of each of these browsers.
If you are a Mac user you will need compatible software (earliest Office 2016), so that your FE College tutor can read your submitted work.
Shortlist and Apply
If you would like to apply for this course, please add it to your shortlist. You may then add further courses to your shortlist or continue to complete your application.
Shortlist and Apply