Whatever your situation, this FREE online qualification is a great opportunity to find out how to apply best practice in relation to equality and diversity within your community and the workplace.
- Helps you develop highly desirable skills for the workplace
- Provides an understanding of key policies and legislation relating to equality and diversity
- Provides a solid basis for further qualifications and/or career development
- Gain a nationally-accredited Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity
Each unit contains an assessment to demonstrate your knowledge of each subject area. Once you successfully complete all three units you will achieve a Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity.
Unit 1: Equality and diversity in society
- What is meant by ‘equality’ and ‘diversity’
- The effects of stereotyping, labelling, prejudice and discrimination
- Different characteristics that make people who they are.
Unit 2: Equality and diversity in the community
- The extent and value of diversity in a community
- Potential inequality that occurs in communities
- Support services and groups for equality and diversity.
Unit 3: Equality and diversity in the workplace
- The meaning of equality and diversity in the workplace
- Monitoring equality and diversity in the workplace
- Protecting people’s rights in the workplace.
10 hours per week
Whilst an understanding of the sector would be advantageous no existing qualifications are required.
What computer software will I need?
- An Internet enabled desktop / laptop PC.
- An active email account.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader or similar PDF reader.
- The ability to read / edit Microsoft Word documents using Word or similar (e.g. LibreOffice).
Note: You will specifically need a recent full version (including Excel & PowerPoint) of Microsoft Office for our IT courses.
Supported web browsers
The following browsers are currently supported which all follow a continuous release policy. We will support the latest 2 major versions of each.
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
Shortlist and Apply
If you would like to apply for this course, please add it to your shortlist. You may then add further courses to your shortlist or continue to complete your application.
Shortlist and Apply