Whatever your situation, this FREE online qualification is a great opportunity to find out how to apply best practice in relation to equality and diversity within your community and the workplace.
- Helps you develop highly desirable skills for the workplace
- Provides an understanding of key policies and legislation relating to equality and diversity
- Provides a solid basis for further qualifications and/or career development
- Gain a nationally-accredited Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity
Each unit contains an assessment to demonstrate your knowledge of each subject area. Once you successfully complete all three units you will achieve a Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity.
Unit 1: Equality and diversity in society
- What is meant by ‘equality’ and ‘diversity’
- The effects of stereotyping, labelling, prejudice and discrimination
- Different characteristics that make people who they are.
Unit 2: Equality and diversity in the community
- The extent and value of diversity in a community
- Potential inequality that occurs in communities
- Support services and groups for equality and diversity.
Unit 3: Equality and diversity in the workplace
- The meaning of equality and diversity in the workplace
- Monitoring equality and diversity in the workplace
- Protecting people’s rights in the workplace.
10 hours per week
Whilst an understanding of the sector would be advantageous no existing qualifications are required.
What computer software will I need?
To study online with vision2learn you will require the following:
- An Internet enabled PC running Microsoft Windows operating system
- An active email account
- Microsoft Word or a similar word processing software program. (You may need additional software programs for IT courses – please contact us for more information.)
- Adobe Reader
- Adobe Flash Player (version 9.0 or higher)
Supported Web Browsers
The following web browsers are currently supported.
- Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Edge *
- Google Chrome *
- Mozilla Firefox *
* Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Chrome follow a continuous release policy. We will support the last 2 major versions of each of these browsers.
Shortlist and Apply
Please select the specific course you would like to apply for.