This FREE versatile on-line qualification will help you to develop your customer service skills and boost your prospects for your first customer service job.
- Learn more about the delivery of excellent customer service
- Improve your communication skills to strengthen relationships and interactions with customers and colleagues
- Develop the knowledge and principles that underpin outstanding customer care
- Gain or develop key transferrable skills applicable in a range of industries and sectors
Each unit contains an assessment to demonstrate your knowledge of each subject area. Once you successfully complete all four units you will achieve a Level 2 Certificate in Customer Service.
Unit 1: Understanding the organisation
- Factors that can affect an organisation and the customer service role
- Employee rights, responsibilities and organisational procedures
- Career pathways within customer service
- How employees are supported within the customer service role
- Organisation’s policies and procedures
Unit 2: Prepare to deliver excellent customer service
- The principles of customer service in an organisation
- How customer needs and expectations are identified
- How to balance customer expectations against the organisation’s offer
- How complaints are handled
- Legislation relating to customer service
Unit 3: Communication in the customer service role
- Methods of communication with customers
- How to handle customer service information
- How to work as part of a team to provide effective customer service
- How to meet the needs of a diverse range of customers
- The importance of promoting and evaluating products and services
Unit 4: Understand customers*
- Cultural factors and how they can affect customer expectations
- How good customer service can positively influence customer loyalty
- How the reputation and image of organisations can effect customer perceptions
- Identifying dissatisfied customers.
*Mandatory for Lifetime Awarding students
10 hours per week
Whilst an understanding of the sector would be advantageous no existing qualifications are required.
What computer software will I need?
To study online with vision2learn you will require the following:
- An Internet enabled PC running Microsoft Windows operating system
- An active email account
- Microsoft Word or a similar word processing software program. (You may need additional software programs for IT courses – please contact us for more information.)
- Adobe Reader
- Adobe Flash Player (version 9.0 or higher)
Supported Web Browsers
The following web browsers are currently supported.
- Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Edge *
- Google Chrome *
- Mozilla Firefox *
* Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Chrome follow a continuous release policy. We will support the last 2 major versions of each of these browsers.
Shortlist and Apply
Please select the specific course you would like to apply for.