This FREE versatile on-line qualification will help you to develop your customer service skills and boost your prospects for your first customer service job.
- Learn more about the delivery of excellent customer service
- Improve your communication skills to strengthen relationships and interactions with customers and colleagues
- Develop the knowledge and principles that underpin outstanding customer care
- Gain or develop key transferrable skills applicable in a range of industries and sectors
Each unit contains an assessment to demonstrate your knowledge of each subject area. Once you successfully complete all four units you will achieve a Level 2 Certificate in Customer Service.
Unit 1: Understanding the organisation
- Factors that can affect an organisation and the customer service role
- Employee rights, responsibilities and organisational procedures
- Career pathways within customer service
- How employees are supported within the customer service role
- Organisation’s policies and procedures
Unit 2: Prepare to deliver excellent customer service
- The principles of customer service in an organisation
- How customer needs and expectations are identified
- How to balance customer expectations against the organisation’s offer
- How complaints are handled
- Legislation relating to customer service
Unit 3: Communication in the customer service role
- Methods of communication with customers
- How to handle customer service information
- How to work as part of a team to provide effective customer service
- How to meet the needs of a diverse range of customers
- The importance of promoting and evaluating products and services
Unit 4: Understand customers*
- Cultural factors and how they can affect customer expectations
- How good customer service can positively influence customer loyalty
- How the reputation and image of organisations can effect customer perceptions
- Identifying dissatisfied customers.
*Mandatory for Lifetime Awarding students
10 hours per week
Whilst an understanding of the sector would be advantageous no existing qualifications are required.
What computer software will I need?
To study online with vision2learn you will require the following:
- An Internet enabled PC running Microsoft Windows operating system
- An active email account
- Microsoft Word or a similar word processing software program. (You may need additional software programs for IT courses – please contact us for more information.)
- Adobe Reader
- Adobe Flash Player (version 9.0 or higher)
Supported Web Browsers
The following web browsers are currently supported.
- Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Edge *
- Google Chrome *
- Mozilla Firefox *
* Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Chrome follow a continuous release policy. We will support the last 2 major versions of each of these browsers.
Shortlist and Apply
If you would like to apply for this course, please add it to your shortlist. You may then add further courses to your shortlist or continue to complete your application.
Shortlist and Apply