This popular FREE on-line course examines the day-to-day workings of real-world companies and teaches you the techniques that help them to operate successfully.
- Learn up-to-date working practices applicable to many office and administration roles
- Improve your practical skills and performance in the workplace
- Develop your knowledge of a range of business and administration practices, including event management and budgeting
- Develop effective communication techniques to aid interactions with colleagues and customers
Each unit contains an assessment to demonstrate your knowledge of each subject area. Once you successfully complete all six units you will achieve a Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business and Administration.
Unit 1: Principles of personal responsibilities and working in a business environment
- Employment rights and responsibilities of the employee and the employer
- The purpose of health, safety and security procedures in a business environment
- How to communicate effectively with others
- How to work with and support colleagues
- How to plan own work and be accountable to others
- The purpose of improving own performance in a business environment and how to do so
- Types of problems that may occur in a business environment and how to deal with them.
Unit 2: Principles of providing administrative services
- How to make and receive telephone calls
- How to handle mail
- How to use different types of office equipment
- How to keep waste to a minimum in a business environment
- How to make arrangements for meetings
- Procedures for organising travel and accommodation arrangements
- Diary management procedures
- The purpose of delivering effective customer service and how to do so
- The purpose of reception services and how to follow reception procedures
Unit 3: Principles of managing information and producing documents
- The purpose of information technology in a business environment
- How to manage electronic and paper based information
- The purpose of producing documents that are fit-for-purpose
- Procedures to be followed when producing documents
Unit 4: Principles of supporting change in a business environment
- Reasons for change in a business environment
- Reasons for reviewing working methods, products or services
- Types of support that people may need during change
- Benefits of working with others during change
- The purpose of responding positively to changes in working methods, products or services
- Ways of responding positively to change.
Unit 5: Principles of supporting business events
- The range of support activities that may be required when organising a business event
- Ways of providing support before, during and after a business event
- The purpose of displaying professional and helpful behaviour when supporting a business event
- Ways of dealing with problems when supporting a business event
Unit 6: Principles of budgets in a business environment
- The purpose of budgets for managing financial resources to meet business requirements
- How to develop budgets
- How to manage budgets
10 hours per week
Whilst an understanding of the sector would be advantageous no existing qualifications are required.
What computer software will I need?
To study online with vision2learn you will require the following:
- An Internet enabled PC running Microsoft Windows operating system
- An active email account
- Microsoft Word or a similar word processing software program. (You may need additional software programs for IT courses – please contact us for more information.)
- Adobe Reader
- Adobe Flash Player (version 9.0 or higher)
Supported Web Browsers
The following web browsers are currently supported.
- Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Edge *
- Google Chrome *
- Mozilla Firefox *
* Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Chrome follow a continuous release policy. We will support the last 2 major versions of each of these browsers.
Principles of Business and Administration
Shortlist and Apply
If you would like to apply for this course, please add it to your shortlist. You may then add further courses to your shortlist or continue to complete your application.
Shortlist and Apply