Have you often wished you could fix little annoyances in your photographs or wished you could create interesting and effective posters or marketing materials?
We are running this short course in beginners Photoshop for people exactly like you.
Using a series of step-by-step tutorials and in class demos, you will learn the basics of PhotoshopCC and this amazing professional world leading software programme.
From Graphic Design to presentation work or even how to create your own MoonPig type cards – this is the course for you.
You will find it easier if you have any version, old or new installed on a home machine as practice makes perfect but, these sessions, aimed at absolute beginners to digital editing and graphics will be structured like a series of building blocks, allowing you to understand and use the basic tools within the class time, giving you an insight into the amazing world of Digital Editing.
Through a series of step by step tutorials with a demo from the tutor and all visuals supplied, the course will cover the basic tools and techniques to enable a complete beginner to understand how to do simple digital edits and composites. We will look at using most of the available tools and menus as well as file types for web use. The 5 areas covered are:
- Change the background of photographs
- Add a vintage look to photographs
- Correct some rogue elements of photographs
- Delete problem areas from images
- Add elements to images
- Learn how to change/enhance/remove colour from images
- Create your own digital special effect brushes
- Playing with text
- Adding effects to text
- Using text effectively in composition work (posters /invitations/marketing materials)
Special Effects & Airbrushing
- Changing images or part images using filters or many of the vast choice of effects available in the programme
- How to enhance images by airbrushing techniques (remove imperfections/slim down/smooth)
- How to create a singular composition from many separate images (Artwork/invitations/posters/occasion cards/Marketing materials)
Each session will include several tutorials to allow for differing levels of aptitude.
The course will suit a complete beginner or someone with limited knowledge of Photoshop, its a vast professional programme that takes a lot of practice time to understand and perfect but at the end of this course, even a complete beginner will be able to carry out simple edits/airbrush/compositions.
Introduction to Photoshop
Choose a Start Date
14 January 2021 at 7:00 pm finishes 9:00 pm
29 April 2021 at 7:00 pm finishes 9:00 pm
Shortlist and Apply
Please select the specific course you would like to apply for.