This course offers you the chance to become a fully qualified and employable Beauty and Spa Therapist. It will build on the techniques acquired during your level 2 course and will introduce you to a range of advanced beauty therapy skills leading to employment in the beauty and spa industry.
Students will study theory and practical applications of the following:
- Apply individual permanent lashes
- Apply microdermabrasion
- Provide body massage
- Provide facial electrotherapy treatments
- Provide body electrotherapy treatments
- Provide massage pre-blend oils
- Working with colleagues within the beauty related industries
- Unit Monitor and maintain health & safety practice in the salon
- Client care and communication in beauty related industries
- Promote and sell products and services to clients
Alongside these vocational subjects students will be expected to undertake:
- industry related work placement
- maths and English (dependant on entry grades)
- seminars, workshops with industry employers and suppliers
- trips and visits (Costs TBC).
Graduations at all of our Gloucestershire College campuses, offers learners the chance to train in facilities which are industry standard and will enable you to develop your skills in client consultation, customer service and current treatment techniques. This will support your confidence to give pre and after treatment/service advice using a variety of professional ranges.
Throughout your training programme you will be required to carry out treatments on your peers to develop your skills and take paying clients to gain the widest possible range of experiences and employability skills.
How will I be assessed?
- final exam covering all mandatory units, marked externally
- synoptic assessment during the final term, containing a practical based task or skill
- formative assessments which are undertaken on paying clients
- a Portfolio of Evidence/Service Log to demonstrate progress
- written assignments, tests and projects
As in a professional salon, students will be expected to give our clients the highest possible customer care and portray a professional image; you'll be required to wear a salon uniform whilst in the salons.
All students are expected to purchase a uniform and full kit, two weeks before the course starts. Order forms will be provided prior to the start of the course.
There are supplementary costs for material, books, course trips and visits. Financial assistance may be available. Please enquire at Student Services.
Applicants will need to demonstrate good interpersonal skills, enthusiasm, commitment and an ability to communicate effectively.
Beauty and Spa Therapy
September 2021 (TBC)
Shortlist and Apply
If you would like to apply for this course, please add it to your shortlist. You may then add further courses to your shortlist or continue to complete your application.
Shortlist and Apply