This Apprenticeship Standard is designed to provide you with qualified network engineers who can design, install, maintain and support communication networks within your organisation and give technical advice and guidance on network configuration, cloud, network administration and monitoring tools.
- Network Technician
- Network Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- Network Administrator
Benefits for learners
- Gaining industry recognised professional qualifications
- Developing a wide range of skills that will increase your career potential
- Support from industry experienced staff
- Working with the British Computing Society
Delivery model: Training is delivered in the College
Duration: Minimum of 15 months
Qualification: Network +, Server + and Network Security
Components: English and maths functional skills Level 2
The apprenticeship will cover the following core areas:
- Network design
- Installing and configuring networks
- Network systems and performance
- Troubleshooting network issues
- Upgrades to network hardware, software and operating systems
- Integrating network software
- Interpreting technical specifications
End Point Assessment
The final, end point assessment is completed in the last few months of the apprenticeship. It is based on:
- Portfolio of evidence – produced towards the end of the apprenticeship, containing evidence from real work projects which have been completed during the apprenticeship
- Synoptic project - giving the apprentice the opportunity to undertake a business-related project over a one-week period away from the day to day workplace
- Employer reference
- interview - with an independent assessor, exploring what has been produced in the portfolio and the project as well as looking at how it has been produced
- Passing all units
An independent assessor (from the BCS) will assess each element of the end point assessment and will then decide whether to award successful apprentices with a pass, a merit or a distinction.
Benefits to business
- Develop the skills your business needs
- Improve staff retention
- Future proof your business
- Professional qualification for existing staff
CompTIA Network+ is a vendor neutral networking certification that is trusted around the world. It validates the essential knowledge and skills needed to confidently design, configure, manage and troubleshoot any wired and wireless networks. CompTIA Network+ certified individuals are in-demand worldwide.
Data networks are more crucial for businesses than ever before. They are the lifeline to the critical financial, healthcare and information services that need to function at the highest, most secure level. With a CompTIA Network+ certification, you will possess the key skills to troubleshoot, configure and manage these systems and keep your company productive.
Today’s IT environments demand planning, securing and maintaining a variety of server equipment. CompTIA Server+ certification validates IT professionals can do just that and more. As an industry-recognized credential, CompTIA Server+ helps boost the performance of IT professionals within businesses of all sizes. CompTIA Server+ validates your skills with the most commonly used server and storage systems in the IT industry. This certification demonstrates an impressive knowledge base that narrows the skills gap and provides the hands-on experience that businesses need.
This module covers the range of concepts, approaches and techniques that are applicable to network security. You will learn to understand and respond to security threats, firewalls and vulnerabilities, describe the importance of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR) and explain how IT plays an integral role.
Shortlist and Apply
If you would like to apply for this course, please add it to your shortlist. You may then add further courses to your shortlist or continue to complete your application.
Shortlist and Apply