This Apprenticeship Standard is designed to provide you with a recognised software testing qualification so you can ensure that software is operating as intended. You will be able to design and prepare test plans, conduct software testing and document and report on the results. You will have a good understanding of the software lifecycle and software development practices.
- ISTQB Foundation
- BCS Testing Tools
- BSC Testing Concepts
Delivery model and duration:
Training will be delivered in College and two weeks at Quanta in Worcester
Duration: Up to 24 months
- Software Tester
- Software Test Analyst
The apprenticeship will cover the following core areas:
- Software testing procedures
- Reviewing software requirements
- Designing simple test strategies
- Analysing test requirements and designing test plans
- Developing represented and realistic test data
- Software testing types
- Recording test activities with records and reports
- Assessing test results against expected results
Benefits for learners
- Gaining industry recognised professional qualifications
- Developing a wide range of skills that will increase your career potential
- Support from industry experienced staff
- Working with the British Computing Society
- English and maths functional skills Level 2
End Point Assessment
The End Point Assessment will test the entire Standard as follows:
- Portfolio of evidence – produced towards the end of the apprenticeship, containing evidence from real work projects which have been completed during the apprenticeship
- Synoptic project - giving the apprentice the opportunity to undertake a business-related project over a one-week period away from the day to day workplace
- Employer reference
- Structured Interview - with an independent assessor exploring what has been produced in the portfolio and the project as well as looking at how it has been produced
- Passing all the units - An independent assessor (from the BSC) will assess each element of the end point assessment and will then decide whether to award successful apprentices with a pass, merit or distinction.
Benefits to business
- Develop the skills your business needs
- Get qualified and motivated staff
- Improve staff retention
- Future proof your business
The Foundation Level qualification is aimed at professionals who need to demonstrate practical knowledge of the fundamental concepts of software testing. This includes people in roles such as test designers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and IT Professionals.
The Foundation Level qualification is also appropriate for anyone who needs a basic understanding of software testing, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors and management consultants.
The apprentice will be required to understand and apply the basic concepts of software testing. This will include testing types, test procedures, testing techniques, testing tools and terms. You will also understand how to use and apply automated test tools. You will understand the importance of accuracy and clear documentation of software tests as well as understanding how to use bug-tracking tools.
Understand established testing concepts, the fundamental test process and approaches
You will design and prioritise tests by using established techniques and analyse both functional and non-functional requirements. You will learn to execute tests according to agreed test plans, and analyse and report results. You will also learn to write clear & understandable incident reports, effectively participate in reviews of small to medium-sized projects and be familiar with different types of testing tools and their uses. You will also assist in the selection and implementation process.
Why work with Gloucestershire College
We will work in partnership with you to help you achieve your business objectives by providing exceptional apprenticeship programmes, a comprehensive range of staff training and skills development courses and access to an unrivalled resource of motivated and work ready employees.
Shortlist and Apply
If you would like to apply for this course, please add it to your shortlist. You may then add further courses to your shortlist or continue to complete your application.
Shortlist and Apply