with Skills Accelerator
If you're aged 16-24 and want to reach your career goals...it’s never too late.
Our free, 14-week programme equips you with essential skills for work, including a traineeship to give you that all-important experience employers love.
- 10 January 2022
Limited places available - apply now to secure yours!
Supported by the UK Government, Traineeships are tailor-made work experience placements lasting at least 6 weeks, to increase your skills, confidence and chance of getting a job or apprenticeship.
Competition for jobs is higher than ever before, so the more work experience you have, the more you'll stand out to employers.
We will help you:
- Write a great CV
- Find a relevant work placement
- Improve your English, maths and digital skills
- Prepare for your next steps, whether that's an apprenticeship or job
An intensive 8-week course to give you essential skills to help you find work or an apprenticeship.
- Gain qualifications in social media and online safety, equality and diversity, and mental health and wellbeing
- Set your CV apart from others
- Meet industry experts and motivational speakers
- Brush-up on your English and maths
- Prepare for a meaningful work placement
Work skills starter kit
The course includes training in:
- Interview skills
- Customer service
Try something that works
Enjoy taster sessions with lecturers, our apprenticeship team and employers to help you decide what career you’d like to explore.
With over a 1,000 employer connections across 17 industries, you’ll meet some of the best businesses in the county.
Our experienced lecturers, employment coaches and careers advisers will support you every step of the way towards getting your dream apprenticeship or job.