Who is this programme for?
Our Level 4 Network Engineer Apprenticeship programme provides a specialised training route for your current employees.
The programme delivers a high level of technical skills and knowledge, ideal for aspiring network consultants and architects within your organisation.
In order to complete this programme, apprentices should have experience of working in IT previously or in their current job role.
This programme is an advanced level and is perfect for organisations looking to upskill and progress current employees into more senior job roles.
What will the apprenticeship cover?
This Apprenticeship Standard is designed to provide your business with qualified network engineers who can design, install, maintain and support communication networks within your organisation and give technical advice and guidance on network configuration, cloud, network administration and monitoring tools.
The apprenticeship will develop competencies including:
- Designing networks from a defined specification
- Installing and configuring network components
- Optimising the performance of the network systems and performance
- Applying diagnostic tools and techniques to identify the causes of network problems
- Applying structured approaches to troubleshooting network issues
- Integrating network-related software into existing systems
- Logging and responding to network service calls
- Documenting work done in accordance with agreed procedures
- Operating within the parameters of service level agreements
Apprentices will work towards professional CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Server+ qualifications as part of their apprenticeship, as well as a knowledge module.
When does the programme start?
Our Level 4 Network Engineer Apprenticeship cohort starts in April 2021.
Contact our Business Hub team today to register your interest in this programme: email@example.com or call: 01452 563400.
What will it cost?
- If your company has less than 50 employees and you take on a 16 to 18-year-old, you are entitled to receive the training completely free of charge.
- If you are not a levy payer, (your wage bill is less than £3 million) you will contribute just 5% of the total cost of your apprenticeship training, the Government will pay the remaining 95%.
- If you pay the apprenticeship levy, we can support you to maximise your levy strategy and make the most of funding on offer. You can use your levy funds to bring in new talent to the business, or upskill existing employees and help reduce skills gaps.
Our experts in our Business Hub team are here to support your business and offer guidance about how you can maximise funding for apprenticeships. Get in touch to arrange a free consultation with one of the Business Hub team today.