Who is the Kickstart Scheme for?
The Kickstart Scheme is a new incentive from the government for 16 to 24 year olds who currently claim Universal Credit and are at serious risk of becoming long-term unemployed. The scheme provides funding for employers to create new 6-month job placements for these young people. The government funding will cover 100% of the relevant National Minimum Wage for 25 hours per week, plus associated employer National Insurance contributions. The young person will receive invaluable, paid work experience and the opportunity to develop their skills.
How does the Kickstart Scheme work?
- Employers need to offer one or more 6-month work placements
- For employers who are able to provide 30 or more job placements, you can apply directly via the government website
- For employers who are providing less than 30 (even 1 or 2 placements is still fantastic), Gloucestershire College is acting as a representative and will apply on your behalf, along with other like-minded businesses
- Simply tell us how many placements you would like to offer via the contact form below, and we will handle the rest
- 100% of the young person's wage will be paid by the government plus your business will receive funding towards any start-up costs such as uniform, equipment and training
What are the benefits for employers?
- Discover new talent and develop their skills to support your business
- Provide your current employees with experience in training and mentoring
- Help back local talent and shape the skills and future of young people within Gloucestershire
Why Gloucestershire College?
By acting as an intermediary, Gloucestershire College will not only handle the whole application process for you but will also provide training and support to the young people joining your business. As part of the scheme, we are providing all participants with a Kickstart training programme.
Our unique Kickstart training package will see participants gain personal, social, work and vocational skills to prepare them for employment. This additional training provided by Gloucestershire College combined with the 6-month work placement with your organisation will have a lasting, meaningful impact on the young person’s future.
On completion of the placement, we can provide employers and their Kickstart employees with further support and training solutions such as apprenticeships, traineeships, and professional courses to help them into full time employment.
Been referred from C2S?
Gloucestershire College is the official Circle2Success Kickstart partner. Whether your business can offer 1, 5 or 20+ places, we want to hear from you. Get in touch to register your interest and we can support your business to make the most of the scheme.
Build your talent pipeline and receive incentive payments when you hire apprentices.
Traineeships are a great trial scheme for apprenticeships.
Our Business Hub team can offer your business expert advice about Apprenticeships, Traineeships and the Kickstart Scheme. Get in touch today via: firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the contact form above.