Who is this programme for?
Anyone aged 16 or over can complete our Level 3 IT Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship. Perfect for both new recruits and current employees who are looking to upskill, this apprenticeship is a great way to train and bring invaluable skills into your business.
Ideal for SMEs with office spaces and collaborative teams, a dedicated IT professional in your business can dramatically reduce downtime caused by technical issues and ensure the smooth running of your business day to day.
What will the apprenticeship cover?
This apprenticeship is perfect for help desk technicians, first or second line support professionals, IT technicians or network support roles. The programme will help apprentices to build the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to effectively trouble shoot and solve problems within an organisation or for external customers. They will be able to set up new starters up on systems, provide support when it’s needed and rectify issues to maintain the organisation’s productivity.
The apprenticeship will develop competencies including:
- IT Security
- Remote infrastructure
- Problem solving
- Workflow management
- Health and safety
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment directive
Apprentices will work towards a Microsoft certified professional (MCP) CompTIA/A+ and ITIL Certification as part of their apprenticeship. Once completed successfully, the apprentice is recognised for entry on to the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA Level 3 professional competence.
Our IT and cyber apprenticeships are taught from our state-of-the-art training centres including ADA: The Advanced Digital Academy.
Located in the heart of Cheltenham's cyber community and bringing industry and education together, ADA is the hotspot for developing tech talent.
- Brand new £3m training facility
- Off-grid attack and defence room
- High-spec computers
- Agile work spaces
What will it cost?
- If your company has less than 50 employees and you take on a 16 to 18-year-old, you are entitled to receive the training completely free of charge.
- If you are not a levy payer, (your wage bill is less than £3 million) you will contribute just 5% of the total cost of your apprenticeship training, the Government will pay the remaining 95%.
- If you pay the apprenticeship levy, we can support you to maximise your levy strategy and make the most of funding on offer. You can use your levy funds to bring in new talent to the business, or upskill existing employees and help reduce skills gaps.
Our experts in our Employer Training & Apprenticeships team are here to support your business and offer guidance about how you can maximise funding for apprenticeships. Get in touch to arrange a free consultation with one of our Business Consultants today.