Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship at Gloucestershire College
Designed for businesses of all sizes and sectors, our Level 3 Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship provides the essential technical skills needed within any organisation.
We can train your current employees or bring in new recruits for your business with essential IT skills to keep your business moving.
Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship - Level 3
Who is this programme for?
Anyone aged 16 or over can complete our Level 3 Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship. Perfect for both new recruits and current employees who are looking to upskill, this apprenticeship is a great way to train and bring invaluable skills into your business.
The occupation includes contributing to the preparation for new or changed services, operation of the change process, the maintenance of regulatory, legal and professional standards, the building and management of systems and components in virtualised and cloud computing environments and the monitoring of performance of systems and services in relation to their contribution to business performance, their security and their sustainability.
What will the apprenticeship cover?
This apprenticeship is perfect for first line support professionals, data centre support technicians, network/field operatives and IT support analysts. The programme will help apprentices to build the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to effectively deliver and support the information systems needs of an organisation.
The apprenticeship will develop competencies including:
- Providing technical support to internal and external customers
- Establishing and diagnosing ICT problems and faults
- Applying appropriate security policies
- Stakeholder communication
- Problem solving
- Testing methodologies
- Documenting or escalate ICT tasks
Completers may want to progress to Network Engineer Apprenticeship Level 4 or Cyber Security Degree Apprenticeship
Download our fact sheet for more information
Our IT and cyber apprenticeships are taught from our state-of-the-art training centres including ADA: The Advanced Digital Academy.
Located in the heart of Cheltenham's cyber community and bringing industry and education together, ADA is the hotspot for developing tech talent.
- Brand new £3m training facility
- Off-grid attack and defence room
- High-spec computers
- Agile work spaces
How is the training delivered?
Our IT and Cyber apprentices are grouped in exclusive cohorts with fellow apprentices from other like-minded businesses. The theory of our IT & Cyber programmes is delivered in block release on campus, supported by our team of expert assessors and trainers who visit apprentices in their place of work to help them put the theory into practice.
What will it cost?
- If your company has less than 50 employees and you take on a 16 to 18-year-old, you are entitled to receive the training completely free of charge.
- If you are not a levy payer, (your wage bill is less than £3 million) you will contribute just 5% of the total cost of your apprenticeship training, the Government will pay the remaining 95%.
- If you pay the apprenticeship levy, we can support you to maximise your levy strategy and make the most of funding on offer. You can use your levy funds to bring in new talent to the business, or upskill existing employees and help reduce skills gaps.
Our experts in our Employer Training & Apprenticeships team are here to support your business and offer guidance about how you can maximise funding for apprenticeships. Get in touch to arrange a free consultation with one of our Business Consultants today.
Get in touch
Our dedicated Employer Training & Apprenticeships team will provide you with full support in setting up your apprenticeship programme from recruitment right through to completion. We will be with you every step of the way to ensure your apprentices are supported, and learning the skills your business needs.
Fill out your details below to arrange a call back or contact our Employer Training & Apprenticeships team direct on 0345 1552020 or email@example.com