Become a Qualified Electric Vehicle (EV) or Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) Mechanic
Stay ahead of the game
According to the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders, the sales of battery-electric cars have soared 78% in the last year alone, with one in every five cars sold in the UK being electric.
With less than 5% of mechanics being qualified to work on EV/HEV, we have designed a new training programme to address skill gaps in the motor industry and support the sustainability agenda.
To meet the growing demand for EV/HEV-qualified mechanics, we invite Gloucestershire-based auto technicians, to advance their skills with a range of short courses launching in the New Year at Gloucester Campus.
You will be able to learn and get qualified up to Level 4 through courses taught in person by experienced lecturers.
EV/HEV Courses at GC
- L1 Award in EV/HEV Awareness
- L2 Award in EV/HEV Routine Maintenance Activities
- L2 Award in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) Calibration
- L3 Award in EV/HEV System Repair and Maintenance Activities
- L4 Award in the Diagnosis, Testing and Repair of EV/HEV and Components
- A range of automotive air conditioning qualifications
Half-a-million pounds has been invested in cutting-edge equipment to kit out our industry-leading workshops and learning spaces, to ensure you have everything you need to learn and practise a wide range of skills, from maintenance and diagnostics to testing and repairs.
- A range of EV and HEV vehicles
- Five on-site EV charging points
- A top-of-the-range Autel IA900WA Wheel Alignment
- ADAS Calibration system
- The latest dual gas air conditioning system
- An automated one-man test lane for MOTs
- EV/HEV-compliant tooling and diagnostic equipment from manufacturers including Bosch KTS, Snap-On, Autel and LAUNCH
- Delivered by Gloucestershire's award-winning training provider
- Hands-on, face-to-face delivery right on your doorstep
- Highly experienced lecturers
- Fully equipped workshop
- Range of courses from Level 1 to Level 4
- Competitive advantage
- Full learner support
In addition to developing sought-after knowledge and skills in maintaining and repairing electric and hybrid cars, you will be directly contributing to Gloucestershire's plans of bridging the skills gap in low-carbon vehicle mechanics, reducing emissions and tackling the climate emergency.