Gloucestershire College’s new exclusive, extended work placement programme provides carefully selected Level 3 (A Level equivalent) students with structured and substantial industry experience. As a growing part of their full-time GC course, this element of their qualification requires excellent work opportunities in businesses around the county.
Gloucestershire College provides an in-depth matching service, ensuring the right student is partnered with a suitable company, and that their career interests are aligned with the business’s needs. Employment Coaches from the College will also further support the student and employer out in the workplace.
Why should employers partner with us?
- Grow the talent for your future business.
- Provides the opportunity for you to trial potential apprentices with considerably lower recruitment costs.
- We will select and match the right student(s) to your place of work.
- Work placements can be up to 1 -2 days per week in term time.
- You will be supported by a GC Employment Coach who will undertake regular assessments in your workplace and be your designated GC point of contact.
- We will oversee all required health and safety paperwork.
How does the placement work?
The work experience placement is directly linked to the student’s specific course, and can be job shadowing an existing employee, or a more hands on independent and practical approach, to be agreed between each employer and their student(s).
The Career Hub is much more than the week or two of work placements students may have experienced at school; this initiative requires 45 days’ worth of work over an academic year, for one or two days a week, or in a longer consolidated block of time.
For more information, or to sign up to the Career Hub programme contact Gloucestershire College Career Hub via the phone number or email address below
Call: 01452 563220