Level 3 Finance Apprentice at UK NaricBack to List
- Reference: VAC001667251
- Total Positions: 1
- Location: Cheltenham
- Salary: £196.00 Per Week
- Hours: 22.5 Hours Per Week
- Closing Date: 4 December 2020
You will be working towards your L3 Accounting apprenticeship by assisting in a range of duties relevant to your studies, you will also be set aside time to complete your learning including your one day a week at college.
- Payroll input, reconciliation, monitoring during month, posting to accounts
- Pension – input, checking, upload
- Month-end – journal input, accruals, prepayments, Fixed Assets & depreciation
- Cover for sales ledger and purchase ledger
- Support to teams with grant financial work and audits
- Provide support for monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, analysis of costs and overheads and allocation to correct departments
- Analysis and investigation of credit card payment issues (e.g. chargebacks)
- Other ad-hoc tasks as directed by manager
Requirements and prospects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with strong excel skills, excellent numeracy and a keen eye for detail
- Payroll experience not required as training will be given, but must have an interest in payroll and willingness to learn about it
- Professional manner
- Able to manage own workload and work independently and as part of a team
- Motivated and flexible
- With an interest in the Accounting sector
GCSE maths and English A* – C (9 – 4) plus AAT L2 or equivalent.
Possible permanent position upon completion of apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Currently our staff are predominantly working from home, but this role will be office based when national restrictions are lifted.
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays. Pro-rata for part-time employees.
Company Pension scheme, the Company will match employee contributions up to a maximum of 6% of basic salary.
Life assurance of 3 x basic salary for members of the pension scheme.
Bupa Private Health Care Scheme with employee contribution.
Employee Assistance Programme.
About the employer
The National Recognition Information Centre for the United Kingdom, UK NARIC, is the UK’s agency for recognising international qualifications and skills. We provide not only the UK’s primary source of information, data and insight on overseas qualifications and education systems, we do a great deal more to help globally mobile people looking to work, study or professionally practise. UK NARIC is one of the world's leading recognition agencies. Over 1,000 universities, colleges, businesses and governments in 62 countries are members of UK NARIC and use our services. We support them in recruiting the best students, skilled labour and professionals, and in developing their systems to safeguard informed decisions.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Gloucestershire College
GC Apprenticeship Team 01452 563 400 firstname.lastname@example.org
- L3 Diploma in Accounting – Association of Accounting Technicians
- Functional Skills: L2 English and L2 maths if required
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Level 3 (A level)